So I just picked up the phone and its sitting here Trying to charGE... I'm ... BlackBerry Torch forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

charging symbol

Advertisement

So I just picked up the phone and its sitting here Trying to charGE... I'm not sure if I have a faulty phone... When I initially plug the charger, I see the symbol with the lightning bolt indicating the charge sequence... But if I watch it for another 10 seconds the symbol returns to the regular icon... I'm not sure if this is normal... Can someone verify if the symbol is supposed to change or not? I've gotten my battery up to 75% and it seems To stop theRe...

Thanks For your helps
    torched!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Are you connected to a PC or using the wall charger?

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    The wall unit is being used...
    torched!

Are you using it while it's charging?

I've noticed this connected to the PC, while in use, the charging symbol will go away.

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Of course I'm using it while charging.... I haveno patience to play with a new phone... Thanks man... Dunno what to think of it... Still stuck at 75% :/
    torched!

LOL! I know what you mean. I got mine yesterday and did the same thing.

Well, once you're done playing with it, like overnight or something, leave it on the charger and see if it completes the charge.

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Joewoo is using the wall charger, so this might not be relevant, but I've noticed that my new (replacement) Torch is very fussy about charging. I've tried several 3rd party chargers (leftovers from my Curve, but using the appropriate micro-USB cable). Most fail to charge and a couple even trigger an error message that says the USB connection will not work. I've failed so far to find specific requirements that would allow me to pick up a car charger that will work. Looks like I'll have to go back to AT&T for an OEM version. Really hate the coiled cords on those, doggone it.

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    ok so weird thing... i figured it out... battery pull!! seriously... coulda sworn it was hardware related... but the fact that i couldnt charge over 75% made me do the pull... after that, the charging symbol has been with the lightning bolt sign and i got to 100% with no issues..
    torched!