previously i had a blackberry bold 9780. backed it up to my computer and everything, ... BlackBerry Torch forum

agent47 no está en línea Stack level 2

bbm contacts

Advertisement

previously i had a blackberry bold 9780. backed it up to my computer and everything, switched to an iphone 4 then switched back to the blackberry torch 9800. i have 60 contacts on bbm and wanted to know if i restore my bbm contact list from my 9780 will all my contacts on my torch get deleted and replaced with the 9780 contacts?

much appreciated for any help given

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Not 100% sure, but I don't see why it would. It will probably recognize that you have contacts already and just add them to the list.

thanks for the help! i may or may not try it. wanna see what other ppl say too

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, you do know that you can do a back up of your BBM contacts in OS 6, don't you?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp..._825121_11.jsp

goodadithya no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    276D5D1B

Thumbs up

Hey agent 47, I tried sorta the similar thing. Had a similar problem.......backed up my contacts and installed a new software. Before i restored my new contacts, i got some friends and when i tried restoring my old contacts, my new contacts didn't remain. The only solution i guess is if the new contacts ping you, u can restore them or keep a note of the new contacts and after u restore your old list, send a request to them again. It ain't a good solution but just a caution as to what happened for me. Luckily i made a note of my new contacts.....cheers....have fun...hope it helps

Adithya
    276D5D1B
    Last edited by goodadithya; 07-29-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: New Mobile......Bold 9780

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The BlackBerry Meesenger contacts are saved in the BlackBerry Messenger database. They are separate from the address book database.
    All you have to do is a specific restore where you only restore the BlackBerry Messenger database to your BlackBerry Torch.

so if i do a specific restore i'll be fine and not lose my current contacts i have on my torch?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I would do a specific restore as well. As long as you have the bbm's of your contacts stored and linked to their respective address book contact

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Have you gotten everything resolved? i know this was a little while ago but just wanted to follow up with you
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter