Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am not using Waze, but did look into it, I like the fact that ... BlackBerry Torch forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

I am not using Waze, but did look into it, I like the fact that the maps can be updated or improved by users, if you compare this to something like Garmin etc where the maps are never 100% up-to-date (drive down a road that isn't on the map, or dead ends on the map but is now a short cut and you will know what I mean ). Also being able to report traffic holdups could be useful, again traffic on the main systems will only provide information on the major roads. So yes it has a lot of good ideas. When I go back to travelling a lot I will install it.

I don't think I would bother with going through all the work chuckymafia did just to get BB Maps, although it was definitely a good bit of troubleshooting. I was lucky the loader worked for me and BBMaps is working, but I still tend to use Google Maps more, I just like to have the option. I cancelled ATT Navigator when I stopped using my Bold and replaced it with a Torch, that and the fact I am currently living in Canada, still ATT Navigator was very useful on the drive from Houston to Calgary

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well that is true, however some people would still like BB Maps. I had a bold and it came with Garmin installed for a year and sometimes from time to time, I would use the BB maps. Yet it is up to the user, yet I like to see what can be accomplished. Waze is next.........

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    @ChuckMafia have you tried waze yet? What are your thoughts?
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

I did try waze. It would fail to download and when it did download. I would not run. Lol. Am I having Software issues or what ? lol. i will attempt it today again since i think my os was corrupt somehow

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    are you downloading from waze or from bb app world? I used the one from app world
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Well I went to Waze through my phone and tried the OTA download. I will now try BB App world and see how it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12