First posting here. Just got the BB 9800 and disappointed to learn of the lack ... BlackBerry Torch forum

Tiz
    Tiz no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 9800 Torch USB pinouts needed

Advertisement

First posting here. Just got the BB 9800 and disappointed to learn of the lack of (zero) vehicle kits to support it. So I thought why not have a go at making one up?

Anyone know or can advise the pinouts of the 9800's USB interface - I am guessing an external antenna connection will be there along with the charging pins.

Thanks, in advance for advice.

Tiz.
    -------------------------
    BB Pearls 8120 & 8110, Bold 9700 & now Torch 9800 with OS 6.0.0.246.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    What about igrip? They have one for the torch

Tiz
    Thanks for your suggestion. The iGrip are only charging brackets/holders - they don't allow connection to external antenna which is the bit I am struggling with. All of the charging cradles I have looked at so far only handle power (and data in desktop cradles).

Thanks again.
    Tiz

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Wilson uses wireless for all of their car kits now. They use an internal antenna (usually mounted in a cradle but available without) to intercept the signal from your phone and reroute it to the amplifier. From the amplifier it goes to the external antenna. With that setup it almost doesn't matter what phone you use (provided it works on the correct frequency for the amplifier you have). I have one in my car that I use for anyone in it. You do not have to have the phone in the cradle with most model amplifiers to have it work.

Zo

Tiz

Thumbs up

Eureka! This makes a lot of sense - thank you for another avenue to explore.
    Tiz

Tiz

Wilson Sleek an answer but not perfect...

The Wilson Sleek is a signal booster in a cradle -with a wired mini-magnetic antenna that you site somewhere (such as on the roof of your vehicle). The cradle's built-in amp boosts the signal and judging by the reviews, it works well in most situations. It could also be used on a desktop where you have weak signals inside a building, so long as you have power (usb) to the cradle. The Sleek also relies on the user using bluetooth or wired headset to use the phone. Shame that it's not (yet) available in the UK .

It does provide an alternative solution to my challenge though is not a perfect answer. I am therefore still looking for the USB pinouts, to connect a phone to a vehicle's power and an external antenna - would be really good if this included already built-in vehicle antenna's.

Tiz
    Last edited by Tiz; 01-27-2011 at 05:55 AM.