I have noticed that my battery heats up quite often... has anyone else noticed this? ... BlackBerry Torch forum

lespend no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22DOE92E

Battery heating up?

Advertisement

I have noticed that my battery heats up quite often... has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix for it?

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    i have had it heat while i was charging, but not too hot. on occasion it would happen with my 9700 and i would need to actually pull the battery out and let it cool down before using the device again. that has not happened with my 9800. Are you using a lot of apps at the same time?

lespend no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22DOE92E
    I've noticed it the most while I'm running BB App World, or while I'm imputing a long text, not so much while its charging...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Is it the new app for the Canadian market to keep your hands warm??
    Seriously though I have not noticed the battery heating up on my torch other than when charging and even then it has not been significant.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've noticed that if I run a lot of apps at the same time or when I'm on the browser for a long time, the battery will heat up. (To me, it's not really a big deal)

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    the torch will heat up due to running alot of apps on the phone and charging it that i have noticed. if you think its going to get worse call your service provider and tell them what the problem is and they will handle it.

destris no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    22DA72A9
    My battery gets hot when using data constantly. Usually this will occur if I am using Traffic and listening to TuneIn or Pandora. I would check you app refresh rates for any Twitter apps that you might have.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by destris View Post
    My battery gets hot when using data constantly. Usually this will occur if I am using Traffic ...
    That's what happens to me... use Google Maps for a while and you will see. Hot as hell! :P

scrid2000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    When you're roaming (at least on cdma) your battery will get much hotter.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    It iS generally the processor that heats up with the 9800 not the battery...take note of the location of the heat and it is usually the bottom half of the phone not the upper half. (In my experience anyway. This has been discussed in other forums) Good luck!
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56