So I posed a few days ago that I had upgraded my OS to the ... BlackBerry Torch forum

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

ATT software Issue........

Advertisement

So I posed a few days ago that I had upgraded my OS to the newest on ATT. Well this was yesterday night. Today I noticed that messages would not show up on my screen, I had to click the search tab to get them to open. Odd I thought since before the update no issues were found. I have my text and email joined and even mail would not show. The issue is that the OS numbers and release are exactly the same as my phone came loaded.

I had version v6.0.0.695 Release. Now the odd thing is that ATT shows another firmware below it as version v6.0.0.278. So I have both yet the newest one is having the issues. I then noticed that my screen was freaking out and moving all by itself. Hmm, I thought to myself. Now I do not know yet those who have purchased a new Torch.

What OS is it showing from the factory ?
    Anyone else having similar issues or recommend what OS to use ?

Thanks and sorry to post a lot. Work keeps me too busy to check these thing myself now a days.

I also noticed that Apploader and even the phone will not allow me to delete BBM. I had to manually remove the modules for it to be removed. It showed grayed out. What happened with the upgrade I did ? Did it make things worse or change my phone in general ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The latest version from AT&T is .246 (application version). The package version is 695. We are concerned with application version.

The last "official" RIM version is .448 from various carriers. I am currently running .450, which is a beta release.

Sounds like you need to do a clean install of a new OS. Whichever version you choose, you might want to completely wipe your device, before which you'll want to back everything up. I'd recommend using BBSAK, which is a cool little utility that will allow you to wipe your device easily, but also allow you to save third party apps, which DM won't readily allow you to do. It's possible, but way easier with BBSAK. Go to www.bbsak.org to download the app.

Download your OS of choice and do a regular data backup with DM. Then do a 3rd party app backup with BBSAK, then a wipe with BBSAK which will leave you with a 507 error. Then you can reload your OS, along with the backup of third party apps.

Let us know if you're comfortable with all that.....

I am going to try that since prior to this, I got a message and it wnet lke an old school os fail. Everything was black and white with odd icons. I then reloaded the version 6.0.0278 and it works fine now, however it is not the same as far as the other program was. I will try this today and see if that solves the issue considering I got an uncaught exception with the latest version prior to downgrading. Thanks. And yes I can do that, I have done it before. Worst case scenario is that i re-downgrade if that does not work. I may do the latest .448 version since the older one works differently somehow

I upgraded my OS to .448 and at first, my phone was rebooted after the upgrade. It got stuck at 75% I assume since there is no percentage shown. I then did a battery pull and again, same thing. Finallly after the 3rd pull. It went through and finished.

Finally; I said to myself. The OS runs smooth and without any hickups. Other than the fact that at first it would get stuck I cannot see anything wrong with it. I am kind of worried to see if it does this after another battery pull. However, it runs smooth and the Browser is a huge improvement. I somehow noticed it to be a bit sluggish on the media. It takes a bit longer that my other OS to load the images. Maybe a format media card would fix it.