Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

I have noticed that if the device is open it doesn't go into landscape mode. ... BlackBerry Torch forum

HippieCowgirl no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I have noticed that if the device is open it doesn't go into landscape mode. I got the new torch the other day and the first phone worked fine for 24 hours then it stopped booting up. Exchanged it and now the home keys aren't lighting up. Hopefully 3rd times a charm. Other than those two flukes I love the phone
    mikadad likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The fact that it doesn't go into landscape mode with the physical keyboard open is by design. The 9800 did the same thing.

I'm disappointed to hear about you having to go to your third device already, HippieCowgirl. I went through four myself with the 9800. The first time in my 10 or so years of BlackBerry experience I had to do something like that. I wasn't a happy camper, which is why I now have an iPhone. Doesn't sound as though things have changed much with the quality of recent devices, and doesn't bode well for RIM.

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    This is when its closed...playing slacker, facebook, messages, anything. I am a LONG time BB user. My 9800 would flip immediately as soon as I closed the slider. NO hesitation.
    Michael

Yeah, I understand your situation, Michael. Sounds like you might also have a defective device.

well I know that if I take this one back and there is a problem i will probably go back to the iphone but I wasn't very happy with the iphone, I like the slide out keyboard and the only problem with the device I have right now is the lights not workin on the home row keys (which doesn't help much in the dark)

Hopefully your next one will be your last, HC!

Well so far third time is a charm...but maybe I shouldn't brag too much since the first one took a dive in 24 hours...haha anyway I do like the new qualities to this phone and hopefully they will get the apps that I used corrected so that I can get those back.

Just a matter of time 'til the developers catch up to the OS, HC.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I sold my 9800 and grabbed a 9900 the same day. I found it glitchy and it had some software issues with appworld which required a work around. (known issue). I will say that it had the usual flawless Bold keyboard, but lacked a number of on screen options that I enjoyed on the 9800, so I returned it after two days. I just picked up my shiny new (white) 9810 and am glad I did. Like everyone else who has grabbed one, I will say that this is what the original should have been! Glad I went back to the Torch. Best of both worlds.
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Both mine and my Wife's 9810s have been working flawlessly. I even "field tested" it last week, it performed well; although I was pretty close to Chicago so not really a middle-of-nowhere test by any means.

I have found a couple apps make it buggy...one is beJuice, it will cause it to freeze almost every time the phone is unlocked to use. I have pretty much gotten it where I want it...

I have only had a single crash/reboot event since I got it. The Wife has not had any issues.

Y'all better get busy updating your profiles, then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12