Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Got to of these ordered to replace two Samsung Infuse...should have known better than to ... BlackBerry Torch forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone have a new 9810?

Advertisement

Got to of these ordered to replace two Samsung Infuse...should have known better than to leave bb. What should I expect from the 9810?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Should have never left my friend, what specifics are you looking for about the 9810! i mean its a solid device, and it builds on the greats features of the 9800 a sturdy body and a better OS
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good to see you back on here jonnyx!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    They are definitely nice devices, they work well, seem very fast, and having a touch screen/trackpad/keyboard is quite interesting/nice. So far so good! The main "issue" is the fact most apps don't work on these...OS7 seems unsupported as of yet. Weatherbug, AP Mobile news, BeamReader PDF Viewer, and even Pandora to name a few more common ones, not to even mention the less common apps!

My only bit of advice, make sure you update desktop manager, then update it AGAIN. I hooked up my wife's 9810 last night to swap devices and the whole works was crashed. Took a few minutes to get everything figured out and its working fine. I'm not even sure I'm going to do anything with mine except back it up...they swapped my contacts, and that was my main concern. Come to think about it, mine didn't need updated (at least it didn't ask me to update it).

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Good to see you back on here jonnyx!
    yeah good to be back.. i've been to many places and seen many things. lol. I've been lurking a lot, so I haven't left really.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Got my wife the new 9810 yesterday so it's too soon to tell how well it's going to work. Since it's her first bb I signed up for an ID and email but for the life of me it will not let me setup the email account on it. Keeps telling me I have the wrong id or password

HippieCowgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got mine today. Love it. Just a little sad that a few of my apps are not available for the device yet (my banking app being one of them ) Hope they fix that soon. But I love the device and I got the Titanium one it's very sharp

PS still need some messenger buddies...lol

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice to see you here again, Jonny and HippieCowgirl!

Thanks Roger, nice to see you again also and nice to be back

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions on the 9810. I hope it's what the 9800 should have been and more!

I had several issues with the original torch....freezing and battery issues after a few months and the battery just kept getting worse. I love the 9810 so far and I have the silver one which is very sleek. The OS 7 is very fast and the phone itself boots up faster than the 9800. Only complaint is the fact that some of my apps are not available for the 9810, main one being my banking app, but I was able to go to the website and save the mobile login to my bookmarks for easy sign ins. The transfer of contacts and emails along with all other pics and videos was fast and easy and I did it myself from my laptop.
    I look forward to finding out what all has been improved on the 9810 and hopefully they will fix the apps that are not available pretty soon.

Yeah, it's just a matter of time until the developers catch up with the OS7 compatibility. Enjoy!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Any one have issues with their new 9810 not going into landscape mode properly? I calibrated the compass app and when I close the phone and rotate it, it does not change. It did a few times but not immediately like my 9800 did right away. Is there a setting in the new 7.0 OS I am missing or does the phone go back for a new one? Thanks in advance for your input

PS as of this morning, it is not going into landscape mode at all.
    Michael

Not familiar with the device, Michael, but did you try the obligatory battery pull to see if it rectified the landscape issue?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Of yeah, several time as I was adding all my new apps back on this brand new phone
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast