hey guys, so recently i picked up the torch 9860 straight from Rim, and shortly ... BlackBerry Torch forum

MaxPayne79 no está en línea Stack level 1

A Torch 9860 owner needs your help. :(

Advertisement

hey guys,

so recently i picked up the torch 9860 straight from Rim, and shortly after i discovered that more than half of the apps that i regularly used on my torch 9800 do not work on this pone. AppWorld simply says that this app is "not supported on this device".

i have a major problem with this because i bought this phone specifically for the big screen, but when news apps like Variety, Digital Journal, pcmag, Canadian business, ect and ect...do not work, i will have to sell this phone unless you guys help me.

was wondering if you guys can rip the .cod and .jad files from ur torches for a few apps that i cannot live without. i managed to sideload a few like Stitcher, Slacker, TD Canada (bank), WeatherEye from various forums and blogs, but there are a few i cannot find files for.

and they are....

Variety
    Digital Journal
    Ad Age
    Dictionary.com app
    AutoTrader.ca App
    RedOrbit
    Realtor.ca

Thats it
    would be amazing if some peeps could rip em and upload em here in like zip files or whatever.
    OR email me the zips to given2fly79@hotmail.ca

thanx a bunch!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait a little while until these developers get caught up and are compatible with OS 7. Shouldn't be very long. I had my 9900 for a week before I started seeing updates to the apps I had. You might want to contact the vendors directly to see when they will have the software updated.

Until then, though, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

i've already contacted both Handmark and Polar the two developers of the majority of my missing apps and i didn't get a response back, leaving me to believe that no updates are coming. I loaded 9800, 9810 and even 9550 apps (AP NEWS) on my 9860, and they work perfectly fine so i don't understand why they've been blocked. it's a disaster and if by next week they are not available, i'm selling this 9860 and picking up the 9380. I'm very disappointed by this product not only because of it's poor battery life, but the app thing just killed it for me.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You don't have to download them through AppWorld if the developer has its own site, but I guess you're aware of that.

well that's how i got some of them on, but the rest are only downloadable through appworld unfortunately.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Keep in mind a holiday is coming up and tech support may be slower.