Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mark Stone

My work is giving me a Nexus tab with Android 4.3 for business purposes. It ... Android Tablets forum

New 16 gig Nexus 7" Tab coming

Advertisement

My work is giving me a Nexus tab with Android 4.3 for business purposes. It will be arriving Friday. Although my SIII has Android, I have no experience with Android on a tablet - is it basically the same? I'm looking forward to learning. Anybody using a Nexus? Are they hot?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I use the Nexus 7 I won here at PinStack on a daily basis, have rooted and running CM 10.2 - 4.3. Yes would be my answer Mark. The functionality of the tablet is much the same just a bigger screen. You will find a few options that may differ from the smartphone and tablet, but I would think it would be more OS differences than anything else.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I use the Nexus 7 I won here at PinStack on a daily basis, have rooted and running CM 10.2 - 4.3. Yes would be my answer Mark. The functionality of the tablet is much the same just a bigger screen. You will find a few options that may differ from the smartphone and tablet, but I would think it would be more OS differences than anything else.

That's what I figured. If it's half as usable and practical as my SIII it will be a winner. The only inconvenience (and really not much of one) is that it will be WiFi only and I won't have my Tmo 4G. But my work and my home both have great wifi setups.

Well, as a follow-up, I've been using the new Nexus 7 for almost two weeks now - complete thumbs up. It is much, much faster and the screen is higher quality than my Samsung Galaxy SIII, so I've moved all my data functions over to the Nexus (by Asus btw) and my SIII is now a mere phone, camera and text device. Fortunately WiFi is everywhere in my home town so I'm never disconnected re: facebook, email, yootoob, etc. Oh yeah, it rocks for work too lol. It's amazing what they're doing with tablets these days
    PapaMag and jfcooley like this.