Has anyone else had a problem with their keyboards and long press options since the ... Android Tablets forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Keyboard issues since update?

Advertisement

Has anyone else had a problem with their keyboards and long press options since the update? I can't get a lot of the punctuation without having to hit the shift key. I have to manually tap the backspace button to delete a sentence. And I can't type a ":" in the browser bar for my debug option that I use.

Side note: if you want full desktop browsing with sites that switch to mobile automatically, set up a bookmark for "about :debug" and click it, then tap the nav bar and hit enter. Then hit your settings- debug- ua string- desktop.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    My Xoom is not, but I read some people are having that problem. I'd try a factory reset. Also had that problem when thumb keyboard first released and it drove me crazy!

The about;debug is a great tip for non-rooted Xoom users. It definitely works.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Yeah, so I tried the factory reset and the long press worked until setup was done. I want to say its something in my settings but I wouldn't know what it was. I've looked at everything

I just figured out what the problem was. If you are having this problem, go to settings- accessibility- and turn off accessibility if its checked. The only thing I didn't look at before I did the factory reset. Could have saved me a lot of hassle and some money.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Glad you got it working man. I feel your pain though. Something that simple make you crazy!

Have you rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Glad you got it working man. I feel your pain though. Something that simple make you crazy!

Have you rooted?
    No I don't root. I'm afraid I'll mess stuff up and won't be able to fix it. I spent way too much money to screw this up. A bunch of pictures, videos, and music I can live with. Easily restored. $600 paper weight, not too appealing to me.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Mines rooted! But you know me! Running awesome! Good to see your still active here gets, I had to take a long break but I think I told you about that and why, but I'm back now and will be more active.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Mines rooted! But you know me! Running awesome! Good to see your still active here gets, I had to take a long break but I think I told you about that and why, but I'm back now and will be more active.

What's up pmarshall! You got the Xoom too huh? Man we've come a long way from the g1 and my touch 3g. Lol! Good to hear from you man.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lol sure have! Yeh I love the xoom, solid device, can't see why anyone would buy this and return it. I still she my g1, mt3g and am using the mt4g until the 19th...sensation time!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH