I'm still thinking I'll get the BlackBerry Playbook instead (if I can afford it ), ... Android Tablets forum

scrid2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyone have one of these yet? Thoughts?

Advertisement

I'm still thinking I'll get the BlackBerry Playbook instead (if I can afford it ), but did anyone on here buy a xoom?
    If so, how is it?
    Overall smoothness, speed, internet, etc?
    I've read some reviews, but reviews aren't the same as regular user opinions.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    rdills has one, I think. Waiting for him to post his thoughts.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes I have the Xoom and I love it! Scrid is right about the reviews. They can definitely mislead you.

Overall smoothness is good considering this is new ground for Android. Loading web pages is very fast. Its faster than my Google Chrome netbook.

Going to post a small review shortly. Thanks for the tablet section.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

scrid2000 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Awesome, looking forward to it
    I wanna get me over to a verizon store/best buy and play with one tomorrow, maybe later today. I'm interested in seeing how it compares to the galaxy tab, especially because of the larger size. Maybe it comes from my laptop being a netbook, but I don't really want to carry around a 10-inch screen.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Why does it seem like I've not heard anybody talking about the xoom? With all the others that have come out has it been forgot about?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have 4! lol, 3 are for sale ha only because i got a good deal on quantitiy. I LOVE the xoom, ive had ipads and played with the bb pb and hated them compared to the openess of the xoom. Such a quality and durable tablet. Im getting on average 14-20 hours a day on my xoom with normal use and an hour or so a day on youtube watching vids on my lunch break or hulu. I got abhout 8 on ipad and no more than 4 hours on pb. Xoom is basically IMO the best tablet yet. Oh and yes i had a galaxy 10.1 and 2 days later it broke, its wayy to thin and flexed way to much. I was out doing photography and had it in my VERY strong bag expensive lowepro bag and before the end of the day it somehow cracked the screen I had taken my xoom out for months and never had an issue becasue its thicker and is made with much better parts. Theres my 2 cents!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I bought a Xoom and have loved it from day one! It works fast, and in my opinion is way better than the net book for the things I use it for! I haven't had and problems with it yet, and the touch screen key pad has been much easier than I first expected. The upgrade for the 4g is now out, but frankly I hate to part with mine for the week it takes to get it back after sending it in for the upgrade! Lol

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I love mine!!
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask