Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rossetti84
  • 1 Post By OriginalLucy

I was reading some comments praising the Playbook for value for money, and putting it ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question What is considered "good" battery life?

Advertisement

I was reading some comments praising the Playbook for value for money, and putting it above the Ipad mini which I found rather surprising. The information went to the comments. One person was complaining about the poor battery life, he complained that the Playbook only lasted 4 Days on standby while his Ipad mini lasted weeks which I found odd since the Mini hasn't been out that long which means he bought it and left it on standby

Seriously I put the Playbook on charge from 1am to 6am then use it all day without charging it, same battery life as my wife's Ipad 2, I think this is pretty good for both items.

So what do people here expect out of their toys/gadgets, what is considered good, bad, abysmal for a notepad assuming they have to be portable?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    If I can finish a day of use with 3-4 hrs screen on time I'm thrilled.

Standby time is hard for me to determine. Wasn't till Emma was born that I put my phone down more than I used it. Now I pick it up 2-3 times a day.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well Jay I am glad you are putting baby Emma and the family first! . A few years back my wife got really angry with me about the amount of work e-mails I was fielding in the evening. Now when I get home I put the phone on the table and if calls come initial will answer but keep time to the minimum but emails are left till late at night.

I agree about standby time it doesn't really bother me, but if the phone dies during a call then I get really annoyed so I carry an extra battery that can charge both my phone and a tablet and if I have to be on a long call normally conference I will plug it in just in case.

Still I do believe that we expect too much out of our gadgets.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

rossetti84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually you can check how long the battery can afford in your iOS device.
    While your iPad shows battery low(1%~5%), go to Settings-General-Usage, then you will see "time since last full charge" in the bottom.
    Normally if your iPad shows battery left about 2% and you see display in "Usage" is more than 10 hours, then Congrats! Your battery state is excellent. However, if it presents only few hours then you will have to consider whether there is anything wrong with the battery or need to modify some settings.
    And there is a similar article about Tips for Extending iPhone 5 Battery Life, hope you can find more iPad Tips and Tricks.
    Last edited by rossetti84; 05-26-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    dushdavj and chokem like this.

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get very good usage from the Playbook. I stream music all day and check emails and still have 30% +- on any given day. I had the PB in its case for a week while away camping and came back to 90%. So, hey it all depends on what you ask it to do.
    dushdavj likes this.