Well after doing some reading I see you can't use the web on the playbook ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Web and the Playbook

Advertisement

Well after doing some reading I see you can't use the web on the playbook with wifi and not linked to your blackberry. Does anybody have any idea if there might be a way to use teather and get web on the playbook with the phone?

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wow?! I hope that's false....Whats the point in owning a "tab" or "pad" of any kind if it won't get online via wifi???
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Maybe I said that wrong. You can use the web on the playbook with wifi.
    It will only get online with wifi from what I read. I think you should be able to get online with the web when it is only connected with the blackberry and using the date on the blackberry

I'm sure once this thing comes out someone will figure out a way to tether it a blackberry....as far as the app "tether" that you can buy....I think you have to have the program installed on both the phone and (computer, eventually playbook) to make it work....but like I said once this thing is out in the wild I'm sure someone will make it work via a blackberry data connection. Maybe someone who knows more about tethering a berry can chime in.... :-)

Follow Me on Twitter

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be able to surf the 'net on this thing with the 3G version. I mean, that's one of the fundamental things that can be done on a basic 3G device.

Idk bout this playbook......to me it's to little too late!

Follow Me on Twitter

Check this link out, it's a tweet on a playbook article, clears up the email issues....
    Link

Follow Me on Twitter

Man I got to play with a playbook today and it was pretty sweet. Didn't find out for sure but I think you can get to the web with the phone. It has a real good feel to it

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There are two options on the Playbook, one is Blackberry Bridge which basically provides a big screen picture of your phone, just transfers an image no data. The other is Tether (native on the Playbook). This allows you to tether via bluetooth to any smartphone and then browse on the Playbook as if you are using WiFi. It is pretty simple to set up. A very nice option

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I have had my Playbook since opening day and love it. When tethering it is almost as fast as my desktop, but I must say that using the bridge browser is all but useless at this time. I assume that RIM will be tweeking it as time goes on. I love using the bridge and having access to all my emails, bbm tasks calender etc. Plus one on this. One thing I hope will come along soon is instant messaging/ texting over the bridge. As it stands I can answer emails, make calender entries, and open emails from contacts. I cannot however click on a phone number and send a text. Im sure its on the list. Appworld is beginning to grow (thank goodness) as it was quite slim pickings on day one. It will be fantastic when the droid apps are thrown into the mix. (will they be free as they are for the droid phones? because the going rate for basic apps in Appworld for BB are more then most are worth). The screen is top of the line and I have a number of movies loaded up. The Kobo reader is good and I have used it a fair bit. Easy to purchase books and free books are available. The media player is adequate but I find that the volume with or without headphones is not as loud as simply using my Torch. It does not have any fine controls such as an EQ etc at this time.

Screen size?. No problems with the 7 inch and I can carry it around all day....

Hope this helps! Cheers
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The latest update of the Playbook has increased the speed of the bridge browser big time
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2