I'm thinking about getting a Playbook, but have a question: Is information that is contained ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

Mark Stone no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries

Transfering Info to Playbook

I'm thinking about getting a Playbook, but have a question: Is information that is contained in OS6 (Calendar, Password Keeper, Notepad, etc.) on my 9780 Bold transferable to the Playbook OS? Does the Playbook OS follow general "old" BlackBerry PIM app structure and usage? Or will I need to re-type in all of the Calendar information? Thx
    Sammy Galaxy S3, Android 4.3
    Giggle Nexus 7 Tab, Android 4.4 KitKat
    Asus X55A Notebook w/Win8.1
    Come visit the old man! http://markstone.org

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The little time I had with a Playbook I had no problem with any of my PIM info. Transfer of information was as sweet as honey. No hiccups, even though I just had it for a day. But make sure you have the latest OS.
    Dave should be able to give you a better insight into it though.
    Delfim M Cardoso -"The system of nature, of which man is a part, tends to be self-balancing, self-adjusting, self-cleansing. Not so with technology. ~E.F. Schumacher"

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^Thanks Del

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Actually that is not quite right Del....It is simple to transfer data, word documents etc but it depends on what calendar address book even-mail you use.

Email: simple to set up in the native App, plus you can use BlackBerry Bridge
    Calendar: Again you can set up any webmail calendars but it won't bring in the local BB one you would have to set up Google sync to do it, it also does not at the moment sync with Outlook. This has been complained about and may be fixed in the future
    Address book: Same problem unless you have them all in the home Webmail like Google Sync .....For example my man calendar is synced to the Playbook

I refuse to upload my address book to Google so I use the Blackberry Bridge when I need the address book

There are a lot of good Apps available already installed. There is no Password keeper on the Playbook but plenty available to use some which work on both the BB phone and the Playbook

Then there is Bridge which is brilliant
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave I am a Google user. All went through, no problem. Outlook I haven't used in years.
    If Mark is using Outlook then he does have a problem.
    Delfim M Cardoso -"The system of nature, of which man is a part, tends to be self-balancing, self-adjusting, self-cleansing. Not so with technology. ~E.F. Schumacher"

Blog Entries
    My calendar is the native BlackBerry calendar on my Bold, just maintained locally. So there's actually no native calendar app on QNX on the Playbook? If I want to use a calendar as a reminder I would need to use an online app like Google calendar? Hmmmmm . . . . I imagine there's gotta be apps available that can help me with PIM if I get this device.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is a native calendar on the Playbook which brings in all your e-mail calendars, plus has it's own one which integrates really nicely with the e-mail application. I think you can transfer the appointments from your BB to the Playbook. The one thing you can't transfer today is your contacts if they are native on the BB, this really annoys me, however there have been a lot of complaints about it so it is likely it will be fixed. Various forums have suggested ways round which normally involves moving your items onto Google and syncing it with the Playbook, not an option I wish to take, I want to use my USB or Bluetooth, there are certain things I do not trust Google with .

There are a lot of Apps which can help with the PIM, but at the moment the PlayBook is still in it's infancy and is a testing ground for BB10 so new things are coming out on a daily basis. Even if you went the IPad route I believe you would have to find a way of getting your PIM on to it, and would probably have to use the same method in both cases.

I do suggest you check out the OS2 before you buy, try a demo in one of the shops that has the PlayBook on sale.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2