Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

I was looking through the Crackberry.Com review of the CES in Las Vegas and noticed ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up The Latest on the Vs 2.0 update

Advertisement

I was looking through the Crackberry.Com review of the CES in Las Vegas and noticed they have some very good information on the latest updates for the Blackberry PlayBook. Rather than go through it all, I recommend you all checkout the following link:

http://crackberry.com/first-look-ful...tacts-and-more

The email/calander and contacts capability is amazing, along with multi-tasking withing the e-mail itself.

They have also provided the capability of using your blackberry as a remote keyboard for the PlayBook, and given the options to open attachments or websites on the PlayBook from your Blackberry. Given the updates which will be released in February I am even happier that I went for the PlayBook rather than the IPad or the Android devices.

Check out

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-remote

It should also be pointed out that this update is free. There are also some major updates included on Docs2Go on the PlayBook. Now is the time to get a new PlayBook especially with the deals that are out there at the moment!! You can even get a 64Gb model for $299.00
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good news I must say. Thanks for the info.
    I haven't any time for articles tonight. Big problem with my father in law in Italy. He's 96.
    Probably flying over soon.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I hope your Father in law improves.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No hopes really. Its just a must that his only daughter must be there with him.
    That's life.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am sorry to hear that, but pleased to hear that whatever happens he will not be alone when the time comes.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There will also be a Print2Go option which allows you to print from your PC to your PlayBook, although personally I do not really see the advantage of this over just making a PDF document and copying it to your PlayBook. They do say that you can add the documents to a pile to view when you get to your location, and shred when completed, avoid carrying lots of paper documents, and of course you would be able to print them when required. Just another option.

I would rather have a native App for SugarSync on the PlayBook although you can use it through the browser, it does not do things automatically. There are Apps for Box available.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    No hopes really. Its just a must that his only daughter must be there with him.
    That's life.
    Not to hijack the thread, but il be praying for you guys. Have a safe trip.
    Delfim likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I will pray for you and your family too. May God grant your FIL peace during this time.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Do the new updates add spell-check?

Is copy and paste in DocsToGo now possible?
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Do the new updates add spell-check?

Is copy and paste in DocsToGo now possible?
    It does have spell check (from what I have seen on the videos and it also has word prediction in Docs2Go and e-mail. As far as Copy and Paste the current version of the software and previous versions has always had this in all apps, including Docs2Go I use it all the time, you just have to hold your finger on the word and it gives the option to select, select all, cut, copy paste etc. Spell check is also available in Docs2Go but not elsewhere in the current version of the software.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    We're here already. All went well - Porto to Marseille and travelled by car via Cannes, Nice, Antibes, Monaco to Bordighera.

My father -in-law, it's pitiful. After seeing him, we went to the local church, prayed and organized a priest to give him his last religious rites.

We have to support the wife (mother-in-law) Really sad. we'll probably fly back home with her when everything is over.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sorry Del.
    Hang in there. Need to vent, talk whatever hit me on talk.
    Delfim likes this.