Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By lak611

Now I know Steve Jobs said that if a device needs a stylus it has ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up Stylus for Playbook or IPad type devices

Advertisement

Now I know Steve Jobs said that if a device needs a stylus it has failed, and in a lot of cases this could well be true, however there are times when being able to use something that is smaller than your finger and can be held like a pen can be very useful, a good example would be signing a document, or using drawing software. Of course purists will want a pressure sensitive stylus much as you would get on a digitizing tablet, well on the current touch screen device (capacitive) this isn't going to happen, sorry not possible today.

The average stylus for the capacitive screens tends to have quite a blunt end to them, which are probably not much smaller than the average finger, do not work very well, and obscure the area you are trying to write on, so they eventually get thrown away or discarded in the bottom of a bag somewhere due to little or zero use, I know because I have done this, and another $12 wasted

I am constantly on the lookout for something that I would use, and finally I believe I have found a stylus which not only works well, but I carry it around as one end can be used as a pen. The stylus is made by Adonit, the one I purchased is the Jot Flip which has a fine tipped steel pen at one end and a stylus which consists of a clear disk at the other:

Precision-Tip.jpg This image is from the website

I find that when I have been working outside or wearing gloves (something that is quite common in Canada during the winter) I can use the stylus with gloves on with no problem. I ordered it online from the following website and it was delivered on time. So if you are looking for a stylus to use with your IPAD, Playbook, Android, Iphone etc, have a look at this.

http://adonit.net/product/jot-flip/
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Dave. Useful...
    When I started reading your article I thought you'd be talking about the Note...
    You know, the one with the SPEN...Some say, what a useless feature... I laugh.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have seen artists using the stylus on the Note creating caricatures which was pretty impressive, nice stylus too

Whilst I don't use a stylus much it is ideal when I want it. I believe you should use the right tools for the job, a screwdriver won't fix every problem no more than a hammer will.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Thanks Dave. Useful...
    When I started reading your article I thought you'd be talking about the Note...
    You know, the one with the SPEN...Some say, what a useless feature... I laugh.
    Peter the elephant was quite adept at using the Note's stylus.

dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Peter didn't even need the stylus!!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Adonit have now bought out a pressure sensitive stylus (rather it will be available soon) which will come with an App for the IPad (and I suspect other devices in the future) that will be able to take pressure information transmitted via Bluetooth from the stylus itself negating the necessity to have a pressure sensitive screen. Looks interesting. You can read about it on their webpage, link below

http://adonit.net/product/jot-touch/