How many of ya, have Rooted their Book? JW I am wanting too, but havent ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Rooted PlayBook

How many of ya, have Rooted their Book? JW I am wanting too, but havent yet. Lookin for others thoughts on this. GOOD OR BAD, BRING IT ON.

Yeah its been awhile!!!

iLord is DEAD!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have thought about it but I don't really see the benefits of doing so. I can get Android Apps on the PB without rooting, which was one of the reasons for doing it. One good thing would be to have the capability of using a USB drive which I read was possible but no explanation of how. I am also not sure that they have rooted OS2 so you would have to go back to a previous version.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    So DingleBerry, is not the same for a PlayBook as Cydia is for Crapple? I just got my PlayBook, and havent even set it up yet, as for User ID. Ive been gone for a long time, from everything..... so Im out of da loop.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    So DingleBerry, is not the same for a PlayBook as Cydia is for Crapple? I just got my PlayBook, and havent even set it up yet, as for User ID. Ive been gone for a long time, from everything..... so Im out of da loop.
    Not really, I believe with Cydia you get all sorts of extras that you can do. I am not sure that Dingleberry gives you many advantages once you are running OS2. On previous OS's it gave you the advantage of loading Android Apps and running hulu. With OS2 you can run android apps and apparently sideload ones that aren't in the appstore. Looking through the forums most people did it prior to the update.

I have been using the Playbook for about 9 months and much prefer OS2, I find it works really well.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    According to the release notes Dingleberry 4.0 has been cancelled.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^^ Check the following:
    Dingleberry Release Notes
    Cancelled
    Source Available
    Improved USB Host script to cater for when USB folder is already created.
    Improved unified login to cope with when BDM has spammed.
    Allows root on any future firmware including 2.0.0.7111 and 2.0.0.7971.
    Allows loading of custom firmware and true permanent modification of /base.

Which can be found at http://bnxtreme.com/drupal/content/d...-release-notes

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Apparently not totally dead, just waiting for someone to find a way to root the Playbook, no-one seems to have succeeded yet.