Is it just me or does the PlayBook not have autocorrect and an awful copy ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2

PlayBook and Autocorrect

Advertisement

Is it just me or does the PlayBook not have autocorrect and an awful copy and paste function? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the PlayBook come without autocorrect? or is mine faulty?

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Doesn't work on mine either ? That's pretty poor. Maybe need to change a setting ?

I have tried all possible settings to no avail. I am more than annoyed at RIM for shipping a product this incomplete. Even the oldest Nokia out there was shipped with T9. RIM couldn't do better than this? What is more frustrating is that they have not even sorted it out til now
    Quote Originally Posted by KSGranite View Post
    Doesn't work on mine either ? That's pretty poor. Maybe need to change a setting ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Everything I've read indicates that it's not available yet. Hopefully in a new software update soon......

It is quite shocking. I have had my PlayBook since it was launched in the US but have not used it more than 10 cos of this rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Everything I've read indicates that it's not available yet. Hopefully in a new software update soon......

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I also find it very frustrating, I am surprised that RIM did not have this out of the box! It just means I have to be very careful with spelling

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    iPad

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I will take the Playbook over the Ipad or Ipad2 for its true multi tasking, playing flash, swipe to close, ease of use, bb bridge, better camera, better battery life, and its not an Apple

We have both the Ipad and Ipad2 in the household, so I get to play with both, the Ipad is great as a big Ipod but wont hold all my tunes When are they going to put a proper disk drive in it??

mzniki0921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30FB3AD8
    ive notices that too it shows me a red squiggle when something is wrong but i dunno how to correct less i click to the word n backspace but i never understood what the squiggle does if i cant touch it for it to change the word

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    in the word documents if you click on the word it gives you word suggestions, however its not on their yet. It caught me off guard to. I am use to my blackberry doing all the wrk for me when it comes to auto correct. ar lwast rim is keeping me on my toes. lol
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

trseti no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can't wait until version 2.0 for this feature! Too many typos right now.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Lots of other good features in vs 2.0, just seems to be a long wait! Now scheduled for end of February, come on RIM speed it up please!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    All solved in OS2
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2