I'm having a problem with opening my messages. When I tap the message icon it ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1

Message help

Advertisement

I'm having a problem with opening my messages. When I tap the message icon it opens just long enough for me to see my email list then it closes. I've deleted my email accounts and re-added them and it still won't stay open. I have software version 2.0.07981 installed. Does anybody have any thoughts on why my messages app won't stay open? Thanks.
    Last edited by turbolift; 03-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Try turning off the Playbook and restart it fresh. Add one account at a time (open/use the one added) and see if it works. It may be one account causing it and not all of them. That will help narrow down any issues.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Good suggestion. It may be security issues on the specific e-mail that is causing the problem, the main message app takes all the different e-mails under a central location and then you can also look at individual accounts. I currently have Gmail, Hotmail and MSN accounts, plus Facebook and Linkedin on my one without any problem, but these are basic e-mail accounts. Did you add IMap or POP e-mails, or a Microsoft Exchange account? Just wondering as they may have different security.

You can also go into the general settings and look at Accounts check that the e-mail address is correct and the Password is correct, go into advanced settings and make sure all of this is good for each account.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

turbolift no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Try turning off the Playbook and restart it fresh. Add one account at a time (open/use the one added) and see if it works. It may be one account causing it and not all of them. That will help narrow down any issues.
    Thanks. For some strange reason, it's working at the moment. Before it started to work, I did as you suggested several times and didn't get anywhere. This problem just started this morning and I haven't made any changes except for to delete the accounts and add them back in. I try it awhile and see what happens. Thanks again.