Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to install BB apps (from the ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Installing Apps on Playbook

Advertisement

Hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to install BB apps (from the phones) onto the Playbook? I have the Datavault software which is supposedly compatible (according the Mobihand web page) with the Playbook and Windows. Trouble is I cannot see how to install it, and I have a feeling that it may only be compatible with the BB phones. I have cod and alx files but cannot seem to get anywhere with them. Any ideas?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Done some searching and it appears that you cannot load apps wrtten for the BB to the Playbook (Phone Apps are in Java, playbook are in C++ .bar files). It is possible to sideload Apps if they are available, but nothing that was written for BB's. This puts both the IPad and I think the Android a step above the playbook as I believe that you can run some phone apps on the Pad devices.

I find this rather depressing as I really wanted the capability of syncing a password manager program from my PC to the Playbook, the bigger screen on the playbook rather than using phone was the key. The most annoying thing was paying for the App (not cheap) after it showed compatability and then finding it is not the case!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ just download a Xanax and relax Dave. You know RIM...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^ just download a Xanax and relax Dave. You know RIM...
    Xanax took a while (slow connection) but fine now

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anyone know of an Opera Mini app (or similar) for Playbook ?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by KSGranite View Post
    Anyone know of an Opera Mini app (or similar) for Playbook ?
    I havent seen anything yet, it would be nice

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well I have been in communication with DataVault, the guy from support has been very helpful, he said that they have not yet ported DataVault to the PlayBook, was not sure why it stated on Mobihand that it was compatible, however he said that he would provide me with a key so that I can use the software on my Torch. At least I can keep it mobile, and he said he would let me know if and when they do port the program to the PlayBook.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    good info

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    since android is open source it's a little easier to put the apps on their its just whatever is available in the market.
    Sideloading apps will work but they have to be a bar file.
    I'm waiting for the android player, i've seen glimpses of it working at blackberry world, and i had it on my playbook for a while but that will be cool when the players are released.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    There is a new browser on the PlayBook called SimpleBrowser which you can get in App World which works well, and is an alternative to use.