Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone
  • 2 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone

I am leaving in a few minutes to go pick up a new 16Gig Playbook ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

Got the 16 Gig Playbook!

Advertisement

I am leaving in a few minutes to go pick up a new 16Gig Playbook I purchased online @ Best Buy! After my research I think it will be a pretty cool addition to my arsenal of gadgets. Looks like the calendar in OS2 is what I was after, and it looks like the only thing that may bug me is that it cannot be mass-storaged to my desktop computer. But file transfer is not too challenging for me. If there's a screen, there's a way! Security looks good, the browser looks good, the ui is delicious looking, and Word To Go will handle my note-taking fetish. Will this replace my JoliCloud Eee PC Netbook? We'll see!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I love new toys, congrats!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I love new toys, congrats!
    Thanks! I was curious however, at the Best Buy website. They had it classified under "Tablets". I was looking for it under "Toys" but couldn't find it, and almost gave up!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats, Mark!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well done Mark. Nobody has asked yet, but we DO NEED a REVIEW on it. No excuses...
    Congrats.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Thanks! I was curious however, at the Best Buy website. They had it classified under "Tablets". I was looking for it under "Toys" but couldn't find it, and almost gave up!
    Not meant in a derogatory way. I consider all new devices I get as toys because of the anticipation and newness associated with getting them. My new "toy' is at the FedEx hub in Memphis, scheduled to be delivered by 4:30 pm tomorrow.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'd bet a million PayPal dollars that Stone, right now, is smiling down on his new toy with a sparkle in his eye, along with that kind of joy that only a new gadget brings.

Congrats Mr. Stone!

Not meant in a derogatory way. I consider all new devices I get as toys because of the anticipation and newness associated with getting them. My new "toy' is at the FedEx hub in Memphis, scheduled to be delivered by 4:30 pm tomorrow.
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all, just kidding with you! This post, as a matter of fact, is my first post on PinStack on the device.
    chokem likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Well done Mark. Nobody has asked yet, but we DO NEED a REVIEW on it. No excuses...
    Congrats.
    The Playbook is over a year old. A review may be considered a little outdated!

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I agree! I also consider all my electronic devices "toys" since I have more fun with them than any other things in my apartment. I don't even use my TV any more. I watch TV shows using Windows Media Center.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    The Playbook is over a year old. A review may be considered a little outdated!
    But has there been a review, since OS2 was released?

The old reviews would have been about how crummy the Playbook is without native email, blah blah.

A review of the Playbook now that the new features are available would be a lot different.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Congrats Mark.
    Did you really get it at best buy or is it one from the lost truck?
    Mark Stone and Capdot like this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well!?!?

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Well!?!?

What are your thoughts?
    Initial thoughts are very, very positive. Right now I'm learning how to navigate it and am learning skills, like using the onscreen keboard, and will probably write a full review after I go through the learning curve. I downloaded over 4,000 pictures (family, vacations, etc etc) onto it and the fast dual-core processor is handling the load effortlessly. I can look at pictures, zoom in and out, etc. with no delay at all. My only issue with the device on its first day is that none of my PIM information (Password Keeper, Memos, Calendar) from my OS6 Bold are directly transferable to it, however the BlackBerry Bridge app is so fast and convenient that it doesn't matter. Anyway, first day it's very good - - but talk to me in a few more days! I'll take Laura's suggestion and do the review based on the new OS which will make it timely. One thing - this little #$%$^&^% is faaaaaast!
    lak611 likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Congratulations Mark. Most of my posts are from my Playbook . The RIM filemanager is not brilliant so I recommend Files an Folders it let's you see/copy/cut/paste files from Sugarsync, dropbox, box.net, Google docs to your Playbook its really useful. You will also like using your BB as a remote for the Playbook. If you hold the shift key down for a couple of seconds you get caplock. + if you hold the keys you will see other characters come up.

I recently sold my 16Gb playbook now have a 64gb one and still loving it Try using the camera the quality is really good, and works quite well in low light, doesn't replace my DSLR but it saves me taking my good camera to the worksite.

Enjoy!!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2