Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dushdavj

I have tried several different file managers on the Playbook, all of them are better ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

File Manager for the Playbook

Advertisement

I have tried several different file managers on the Playbook, all of them are better than the native FM that comes with it. I have finally narrowed it down to two I like, one is My File Manager which can be found at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...44958/?lang=en and costs $1.99. It enables you to see thumbnails of your images, rename, copy, paste, cut, etc all the things you would expect, plus you can navigate around your system, open and create zip files which can be useful.

The other one which I really like (and use the most) is Files & Folders http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...49236/?lang=en which at $2.99 is more expensive but has a very nice GUI, and some options that I find indispensable. It does everything that My File Manager does, but it also allows you to view folders on Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs, Bridge files and coming soon SugarSync, providing you are of course connected to the web. It appears just as if you are browsing your playbook. Brilliant. So I think it is truly worth the $2.99 + they give the option of a free trial, which is always good!!

Files and Folders has now been updated so you can access SugarSync from it. It is possible to copy a file from your PlayBook to SugarSync, Dropbox, or Box.net and back in addition to copying between each of the cloud services, not forgetting Google Docs, it is an extremely useful File manager.

If you are looking for a free file manager then you cannot go far wrong with Air Browser http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...43867/?lang=en
    Last edited by dushdavj; 03-21-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Files and Folders Updated
    lacroixn and jfcooley like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Thanks
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Your welcome..there is one called Ghost commander an Android apps which is pretty good, looks a bit like Norton Commander which worked on DOS pre Windows

For hiding files try File Shield, it works great I have sensitive company documents on the playbook occasionally and it allows me to make them be totally invisible to all file managers, all password protected.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If you are going to purchase a File Manager I would definitely recomend Files and Folders, especially if you use the cloud syncing capabilities.

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for that summary of the managers. I am currently using air browser and the native file manager, but, will take a closer look at File Manager. I really didn't think of using a more robust manager. Thanks

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalLucy View Post
    Thanks for that summary of the managers. I am currently using air browser and the native file manager, but, will take a closer look at File Manager. I really didn't think of using a more robust manager. Thanks
    If you use the cloud at all, Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Docs, you will find Files and Folders really useful as it allows you to easily move files from the Playbook to the cloud and back.