So has anyone here with a PlayBook updated to the new OS? I did when ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Blackberry Playbook Update OS 2.0.1.668

Advertisement

So has anyone here with a PlayBook updated to the new OS? I did when it was first released and in the first week of using it had all sorts of problems. I search the web and found other users having similar issues:

Major issue Battery Drain

Solutions offered on the Web
    3 button reboot, supposedly this is equivalent to a battery pull. (No longer necessary with OS2 instead just hold the power button for about 15 secs. Anyway the theory was you do this 3 or 4 times and it resets something on your PlayBook that gets the battery life back to normal. Did this help me – in a word no! Well at least it didn’t initially.

So I did some investigations to identify what was causing the drain. Found that it was the WiFi, or at least in my opinion it was the WiFi, if I turned WiFi off everything went back to normal, when it was turned on major battery drain. I reported this to RIM

Next Issue E-Mail

Suddenly it was trying to load every single e-mail that I had on my various e-mail addresses, needless to say I suddenly had 8,000 unread messages . At the same time it was doubling repeating all my folders in the e-mail app over and over again.
    Same problem in the Calendar, repeating calendars over and over again.
    Solution: Delete all but one e-mail addresses, re-initiate one e-mail, delete the final e-mail (that I had not initially deleted, and re-initiate it, e-mail back to normal

Over the past week the battery life has slowly been improving even with WiFi switched on, not sure why unless it is learning where I have WiFi and it is not searching for new locations all the time? This I really don’t have the answer for but I am happy it is ok again.
    What has RIM done, well I understand they have removed the update, which allows people that do a security wipe to downgrade to the previous version. This has been a sore point on the forums since people first disliked the upgrade having issues and disliked it even more that there was no-way to go back to an older version. Most people seem to have this sorted out now.

As the software update was released at the same time as the new 4G PlayBook another possible cause would be that the OS had a search in it for 4G, which when you don’t have 4G capability it may have been going into a continual loop, until I had rebooted so many times that it eventually reset the switch.

Has anyone here purchased the 4G PlayBook? Any first impression, it has a dual core 1.5 GHz chip in it so it should be faster?

I already am using 4G on my WiFi model with a MiFi unit so I don’t really want to change my 64 GByte PlayBook for a 32 GByte one, at least at the moment.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    So no-one has any problems with the update? I know there are other Playbook owners out there
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I know Mark will chime in here soon.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am very confused by this update. The battery life is brilliant now it has gone from going almost flat in 3 hours. To now being at 70% after a full day of use. The only thing I can think of that I changed was in deleted all my e-mails then re-initiated them I basically deleted all but one. Regards-initiated one then deleted the last of the e-mail addresses After doing this it sorted out all my e-mail folders and also fixed the calendars So maybe this was the problem causing the battery drain

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    RIM actually pulled the update, I am still using it and have had no problems since, battery life seems to last forever, I normally charge it overnight, take it off charge at 6 am, use it all day, put it back on charge at around 1 am, and it is still around 50%