Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

it's good to read these reviews...I've been debating on buying a tablet and settled on ... BlackBerry Playbook forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

it's good to read these reviews...I've been debating on buying a tablet and settled on the playbook due to it's bridge feature as i won't need to buy a separate data plan like you do with those other tablets...i've been going around the web looking for reviews and prices on the playbook and i've read some from people that love it and people that hate it...
    i've also read somewhere that a new playbook will be coming out next year with all the features that people felt were lacking. But i'm going to give the current one a try especially since Staples will be having black friday deals on the playbook starting at 200 for the 16g and 250 for the 32 gig...that sealed it for me.

p.s.

i spoke to the Staples manager and confirmed the upcoming sale but told me that he's sold 4 playbooks and all 4 were returned by people that didn't like it. i told him that it was most likely by people that were looking at it as a toy rather then what it really is. and that they probably needed to be a bit more tech-savvy in order to get it to work to their liking. i know people that hate blackberries because they are more business oriented...well, we'll see as i will have one in a couple of weeks.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I believe Walmart may also be selling it cheap around the same time. I have recommended it to a few people at the office who have bought it and are enjoying it, the like the size and the ease of use plus the fact they already have theoffice tools for quick edits, the company supplies blackberries so we all use Bridge and check our work e-mails with no worries of data staying on the playbook
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Well I just got done playing with a playbook at best buy and I fell in love with it in seconds...the size is perfect and it seems pretty fast. ...I searched for some current reviews on it and I stumbled on an old one from pc world that had an article on 5 reasons not to get a playbook. He went on about the size, price, and lack of apps. None of which bother me. I noticed the date of the article which was in april which was in april right around the time the playbook came out. So I wonder now with the updates it's had and the price drop if the reviewer would feel the same. Anyhow, I'll be getting it for sure next friday...what I would like to know from those that have it is can you transfer content from a usb drive? I didn't see a full size usb port on it. I would like to be able to transfer movies to it from my pc. If it can't be done it's ok, it's not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to do so.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Unfortunately you cannot plug a USB drive directly into the playbook You can transfer files from the PC either by Bluetooth or USB, in fact you can do this with desktop manager or just use the Playbook as a USB drive in explorer. I also use Sugarsync to transfer files, and Boxwhich has its own App. The Flash player is great along with the video. I am currently browsing Pinstack on the Playbook whilst using the Facebook App, multi tasking with no problem. I also checked out some work e-mails over Bridge, dowloaded and read a pdf and word attachment, answered the e-mail, which saved getting having my PC with me, so yes I am finding more and more difficult to be without it
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot plug a USB drive directly into the playbook You can transfer files from the PC either by Bluetooth or USB, in fact you can do this with desktop manager or just use the Playbook as a USB drive in explorer. I also use Sugarsync to transfer files, and Boxwhich has its own App. The Flash player is great along with the video. I am currently browsing Pinstack on the Playbook whilst using the Facebook App, multi tasking with no problem. I also checked out some work e-mails over Bridge, dowloaded and read a pdf and word attachment, answered the e-mail, which saved getting having my PC with me, so yes I am finding more and more difficult to be without it
    oh so it comes with a usb attachment so i can plug it into my pc. that's good enough for me. the only reason i would want to plug a flash drive to it was to transfer content...i can hardly wait for next friday.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Future Shop and Best Buy both have a limited time sale on Playbooks $300 off in Canada. I bought mine at full price, and still love it, but am very tempted to buy the 64Gb version!

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Future Shop and Best Buy both have a limited time sale on Playbooks $300 off in Canada. I bought mine at full price, and still love it, but am very tempted to buy the 64Gb version!
    that's good to know in case i don't manage to get one next friday. their sale runs until dec. 1st. but it would still be more than me buying it at my local staples store since shipping and handling would probably run me about 50 bucks extra.

well, it seems that futureshop doesn't ship outside canada since my postal code is "invalid"...they're on backorder anyways...oh well.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    One more nice thing about the Playbook is that it can be plugged straight into the HDMI port of your flat screen TV the full screen is filled. Just watched "Ancient Aliens Debunked" from the internet a 3 hour program, with the extra usefulness of using my BlackBerry Torch as a remote control and this is with the standard blackberry. What is OS10 going to be like?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12