My wife and I have watched a lot of movies over the years, so we ... Apple iPad forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Would this be considered a scam?

Advertisement

My wife and I have watched a lot of movies over the years, so we bought an App for her Ipad to cataloged them. She has sentiment finding the movies writing reviews and updating them. All was fine, the app had a few little annoying things about it but we could look very with it. Recently it updated and all of a sudden adding your own pictures to it (the movie poster) had been disabled. I was informed by support that this was an intended change but it was OK since I could add the pictures at the website...so we go online and find that since we have more than 1014 movies we have to pay an annual subscription of about $19 to make further updates Support stated we could continue loading on the Ipad but we can't add pictures so it is no longer so useful.

We have stopped using it and purchased a different App.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    You jus want too store correct? So they wont take up room on a PC, or lying around the house??? Try a File, Hosting site?? Its jus as cheap, and you can stream them to your smart TV, your iDevice,ect.... anytime you want. IDK jus my two pennies.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I didn't even want to store the files, this is more of a fancy excel spreadsheet, allowing simple input of titles, actors, review etc The idea was that it. Would be stored on the Ipad and regularly backed up, being able to flip through covers to choose a movie to watch and keep a record of the DVDs in the library. This is why I was annoyed the upgraded their software and disallowed a function on the Ipad version
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    What is the other App you purchased? Have you ever looked at IMDB as a free App to keep track of everything (Rate, List everything you watched, track what you want to watch and create new lists) having that all done for you?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you paid for a version then it was updated to a subscription without notice of intent I would call it a scam. If the initial app was free then its just a crappy thing to do.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I can understand if you change devices and the app won't work, but them making changes then asking a fee, nah I'm not buying that nonsense

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    We replaced it with Movies HD which is a reasonable database App, a bit dark but it works. The one that I feel is a bit of a scam although I am not sure that it was intentional has very good support, but they seem to want to getting rich quick. The App I paid for was to run on the Ipad and we were happy with it. If we could not find the movie on the websites they used we could enter the information manually (we watch a lot of old Hong Kong movies and not all are easy to find then we had been putting a cover picture in from the camera roll. Well it was this function that was disabled. When I complained I was told I could add the pictures online, however since I had more than 150 DVDs in my list in fact for a list of over 1000 DVDs I needed to pay them $19.99 per year which I think is cheeky!

I did try IMDB but it didn't work for what I needed although I often use their Web site to find information on movies.