Anyone have much experience with any of the available word processing apps for the iPad? ... Apple iPad forum

admin no está en línea Administrator

Word processing with the iPad?

Advertisement

Anyone have much experience with any of the available word processing apps for the iPad? What about printing?

Thanks in advance!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Try out Docs To Go. Works quite well and simple to use. Has advantage to sync with your desktop as well, and is Microsoft Office compatible all the way, even Office 2010. If you have MAC you can try Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
    Regarding printing, I use ePrint to print to a a wireless printer. Works well too, and has a great range of preconfigured wifi printers. You can start by using ePrint Lite to see if it suits you.
    All this you can dl from the App World.

admin no está en línea Administrator
    Reading through the reviews of Docs to Go wasn't encouraging. Are they just sour and have to high of an expectation, or are there serious issues with the app?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think the biggest problem might be the learning curve. It's not the same as using Office on your PC, but all the functions are there. I used it extensively with my BB, and that was a problem. I got used to it after a while, and now with the iPad I find it's much easier.
    The alternative program Quickoffice is also available, but is much more limited in function.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm late to reading this thread Sorry

I use Docs2Go and it seems to meet all my needs. It's not perfect but does work well. QuickOffice I think is probably ok but turns me off due to it looking like your working in an animated Cartoon App or something. The UI is weird.

If I'm not mistaken Docs2Go is Universal so having it on the iP4 is an added bonus. Universal Apps do have an advantage for me b/c having the same UI on both devices makes me more productive and seems to be easier on the user.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ DocsToGo 2 IS universal. Buy for the iPad and it's free and available for the iPhone. Or vice versa....