For those interested is hearing more about RIM's newest product here is a live video ... Apple iPad forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

RIM's new Playbook (Tablet)

Advertisement

For those interested is hearing more about RIM's newest product here is a live video link.

7-Inch screen w/pretty good specs to include full HTML5, Flash 10.1 and 1080P Video.

For those who have been using the iPad how do you see this new product going forward? RIM even used the words "Gaming Device" when touting how great it will work.

For me I'm happy to see another device introduced for once rather than just another leaked image or video of a device not available. We need more tablets so the consumer will have more choices and better products.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nice cant wait to see how it works and how the competion pans out.

iLord is DEAD!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Has some nice specs but i wouldn't call it a gaming device
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Looks very nice. Gaming?? It may work but how many developers are going to choose this platform over the 4million iPad platform. Not many if you ask me. Business , now here is a strong point if rim can get some good devs to start making some nice apps. I want to see more, i won't give up my iPad but for business it may be better. This is the first device from rim that has got my attention in a while. Not going to jump on the first shipments as I want to see apples answer next year.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's a good point, by the time RIM releases the Playbook it will be competing against the second generation iPad and many Android Tablets.
    Its' going to be a difficult road for RIM on this new idea.

Moving away from their traditional OS is good but even with that being the case it's going to be a difficult year for them in 2011.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is an interesting look at the new RIM product.

Link

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The guy brings up some good points. It really seems like a lot of what he says is true with looking at how the device laz is holding is very bright and never seems to change.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So true. I take it back. I won't jump ship for this marketing scheme. I'd rather use my desktop with my 32 inch HDTV as my monitor. Beat that rim. My phone does more tbs. This shenanigan anyway. Moving on
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    No one was even allowed to see it in person, even today many who write for the main stream new papers are asking the same questions.

I just find it odd, and when you think about RIM's past attempts at Touch screens it's not a positive impression.