Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thank everyone. I think you have all convinced me to add Apple TV to my ... Apple iPad forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Thank everyone. I think you have all convinced me to add Apple TV to my Christmas list.
    catstide likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    another tip...if you need more hdmi cables head on over to monoprice.com
    TeriO likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

So, I got Apple TV last night. Still trying to get it all figured out, but so far I really like. Though, it will probably be this weekend before I can fully sit down and play with it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Remote App for the iPad and iPhone make it much easier to use. Pairing is a piece of cake also

Congrats on the aTV

So, I have the app installed on both my phone and my iPad. Though, I have not yet played around with them. What has me "thinking" right now, is that I can't seem to get the Apple TV to connect over the WiFi with my computer. I have the Home Sharing turned on in my iTunes account, but it just won't see it. All of the correct user names and passwords are on the TV, but still nothing. Any suggestions? Could it be a firewall issue?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So your apple TV doesn't see your computer. You need to turn on home sharing on both the apple tv and iTunes on the PC.

Yep. Done.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Are you up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Are you up and running?
    Yes, in that I can get to my purchases in the Cloud. I have Home Sharing turned on in both iTunes and on Apple TV, but for whatever reason Apple TV will not recognize that it's turned on.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Be sure you have updated the software on the aTV. There has been two updates this or last month.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Be sure you have updated the software on the aTV. There has been two updates this or last month.
    This was a good suggestion, but it still did not work. I am going to have my husband check our router settings and make sure it's not the problem. Though, if it was, I would think that I would not even be able to get into the Cloud with it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I wouldn't think you have a router issue as you can still get all of your purchased content on the Apple TV.

Ya, we are looking at that now and I think you are right. I am beginning to wonder if it's something with the device it's self. It's not the end of the world that I can't access it, but I paid for it, so I want it to work the way it's supposed to and have all the options available.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Do you have AirPlay enabled on the Apple TV? That shouldn't make a difference when looking to play content that's on your PC from the Apple TV.

I'm getting that you don't have anything under the "computers" section on the Apple TV. What does it say when you highlight Computers?

Got it! There were a few issues, it appears. I don't know if there is any particular order, of importance, but we did have to do a firmware update to the router. It appears that there was a known issue with internal network video sharing. Then, we think that we needed to restart the Apple TV after we did the software update (thanks for that suggestion, by the way). And finally (and probably most importantly), it appears that I need to leave iTunes OPEN on my computer in order for the Apple TV to "see" it and access it. It did not occur to us that, that would be important. In fact, we just stumbled on it when my husband said he got it, while I was in the office, and I went out to look at it in the living room without closing all my open screens first. I asked him to come back and close my iTunes and away it went on the TV. So, all in all, lessons learned. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast