Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a remote control for an ... Apple iPad forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Remote Control?

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a remote control for an iPad? Yes, it's the height of lazy, but I would like to know if have my iPad plugged into my TV and am using it to watch downloaded shows on, if there is a remote for it so that I can just keep going.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No. Not that I know of. Take that money and but a apple TV. Then you can use the iPad as a remote and AirPlay for media.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Yes, there are several "Remote" Apps for the iPad and iPhone. I have the Red Eye Mini (App free) and there are others. You mileage may very depending on your location and TV type. Nothing beats the Apple TV paired with the "Remote" App.

Red Eye Mini is for your Cable provider type remote but can also control any of your devices connected to the TV. It turns your iPad or iPhone into a universal remote basically.

You even get to program all the buttons with the Red Eye and select their location on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Yes, there are several "Remote" Apps for the iPad and iPhone. I have the Red Eye Mini (App free) and there are others. You mileage may very depending on your location and TV type. Nothing beats the Apple TV paired with the "Remote" App.

Red Eye Mini is for your Cable provider type remote but can also control any of your devices connected to the TV. It turns your iPad or iPhone into a universal remote basically.

You even get to program all the buttons with the Red Eye and select their location on the screen.
    I saw the apps that would turn my device into a remote control, I am more looking for something to remotely control my device though. Would these apps still work for that? When I checked them out, I did not get the impression that they did; however, it's entirely possible that I missed that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    No. Not that I know of. Take that money and but a apple TV. Then you can use the iPad as a remote and AirPlay for media.
    I am looking into this suggestion too. It's an interesting one and might be useful. Do you have this? The brief info that I saw about it in the Apple Store, did not really tell me much and I have not yet had the chance to do a full search on how it may impact the rest of the set up in my house. I don't have anything complex at all... just regular HD cable and Internet through my cable company.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Red Eye Mini is a small nub antenna you plug into the headphone jack on the iPad and iPhone that lets you remotely control any device including the TV.

Maybe I missed what your looking for, I'm not sure.

The Apple TV rocks and AirPlay is nothing short of sweet. I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom. They work great

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I am looking into this suggestion too. It's an interesting one and might be useful. Do you have this? The brief info that I saw about it in the Apple Store, did not really tell me much and I have not yet had the chance to do a full search on how it may impact the rest of the set up in my house. I don't have anything complex at all... just regular HD cable and Internet through my cable company.
    As SRL said, the AppleTV is just plain awesome. Simple setup, plug a HDMI cable going to the TV and plug in the power cord, connect to your wifi network. Enable home sharing on it and your iPhone,iPad, and Mac. You can stream all your media to it, if you have a iPad 2 you can mirror it through the Apple TV.

I think what your looking for is the Apple TV. If I understand correctly you want to be able to watch downloaded shows on your TV with out having to get up to change to the next one. All this is done via wifi so you would just keep the iPad next to you and use it.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    yep...apple TV is what you need.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    4S arrives Tuesday. How much is Apple TV?
    catstide likes this.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    $99 but I think you can get one for $89.

Yeah, I did a little research. Where would I get it for 89.00, though.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Amazon and Best Buy is where I saw the price but I don't know for how long?

K, thanks, I'll check it out.

You guys are right... Apple TV is exactly what I am looking for. Can I still use my regular cable with it too?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Yes cable is not effected, you use an HDMI cable to plug it in to the TV so it's separate and does not interfere with what is already being used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast