We are in the future if this is what the New Time Magazine is going ... Apple iPad forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Thumbs up New Time Magazine

Advertisement

We are in the future if this is what the New Time Magazine is going to look like.
    Last edited by BHP77; 06-11-2010 at 05:37 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's pretty sweet. I have the App already so I hope to see it updated soon.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    That's pretty sweet. I have the App already so I hope to see it updated soon.
    yea looks great. I read your post on the apps update. I saw you said that wired was 500 mb. Wonder what this going to be. If it keeps all the media like the preview shows.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's a concern I think for a lot of people including those making the Apps. Being able to manage the amount of Data may not be a concern for those using a 64GB model but the 16GB on the other hand could become a problem.

So, yes I think this is something that is going to change with some of these Magazine Apps. I wonder if they will choose to keep the multi media on their servers and keep the App light in weight. Then you run into not being able to use the App when in a Blackout which many people will not like. I often use the iPad in Blackout areas and rely on Instapaper to give me news I've saved for those time. I also read the Magazines during those time too.

Maybe the option to download full content will solve this concern a little bit. Using the in App purchase feature will allow us to delete if need be and then re-download again later without having to pay again. IDK? Either way is a problem they need to work out or will lose some potential customers or readers.