I want to transfer my being over-scratched DVD to my iPad. After I did a ... Apple iPad forum

How to Transfer Movie to iPad?

Advertisement

I want to transfer my being over-scratched DVD to my iPad. After I did a google search for free dvd ripper,Handbrake, Xilisoft, Winxdvd and Wondershare come to my mind. But I meet the following problem:

Handbrake: with VLC media program, it takes me 10 hours to rip 2hours and a half movie

Xilisoft:when i click add file in this program comes a windows that says:

A VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER IS NECESSARY FOR VERY GOP IN A STANDARD DVD.
    THE VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER IS INCORRECT

Winxdvd: though the speed is really fast, I am confused with the parameter setting.

Wondershare:the actors' spoken words don't match the movement of their lips.

Grrr! It's so annoying. Anyone have a solution?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Use the HandBreak presets when converting the DVD. The presets optimize everything for the best screen images. HandBreak takes me about 30 minutes per DVD and the time it takes will be dependant on how strong your computer is. The more memory and faster processor the better off you will be and it will cut down the time a lot.

master74 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ye,I'am wondering to

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've used HandBreak for about 200 movies that I often switch out on my iPad and have never had any issues with playback. I use the "Universal" preset.
    Being Free it's a great App to use for Mac or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I've used HandBreak for about 200 movies that I often switch out on my iPad and have never had any issues with playback. I use the "Universal" preset.
    Being Free it's a great App to use for Mac or PC.
    But have u noticed that in the iPad screen, there are black bar in the top and bottom? Is there any program can crop it ?

yiyi001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try to add movie files to library in File,it should be in movies then.
    * Connect ur ipad
    * Click ur ipad and make sure in the movies tab ur allowing the sync
    * Click sync

More reviews: iPod/iPhone/iPad To Computer Transfer & Backup Reviews. It includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
    Last edited by yiyi001; 04-05-2011 at 04:09 AM.

wtstalin88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by zxzx View Post
    I want to transfer my being over-scratched DVD to my iPad. After I did a google search for free dvd ripper,Handbrake, Xilisoft, Winxdvd and Wondershare come to my mind. But I meet the following problem:

Handbrake: with VLC media program, it takes me 10 hours to rip 2hours and a half movie

Xilisoft:when i click add file in this program comes a windows that says:

A VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER IS NECESSARY FOR VERY GOP IN A STANDARD DVD.
    THE VIDEO SEQUENCE HEADER IS INCORRECT

Winxdvd: though the speed is really fast, I am confused with the parameter setting.

Wondershare:the actors' spoken words don't match the movement of their lips.

Grrr! It's so annoying. Anyone have a solution?
    HEY ITS NOT HARD TO CONVERT < JUST USE ITUNES AND EVERY THING IS DONE.

jensjeep04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use Magic DVD ripper. Its not free but its worth it I think

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    i use MactheRipper. its free, works on most DVD, some newer ones with more intense encoding doesnt allow it to copy, but from there, i use Roxio's POPCorn2 and convert it to a smaller format.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Ericlewis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Steps of Transfer Movie to iPad
    1. Put movies and music into iTunes library
    2. Connect your iPad to computer
    3. Transfer the iTunes movie to iPad

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This is an old thread, but for further information, I use MacX DVD Ripper free version http://www.macxdvd.com/dvd-ripper-mac-free/. It's easy to use, put in your DVD, open ripper app, choose what format to rip to (I choose iTunes) It rips it to iTunes and then you can transfer from iTunes to your iPad.

nancygeorge no está en línea Stack level 1
    Connect the iPad to your computer and select it on the left-hand side of your computer's iTunes, and then use the Movies tab on the right-hand side of iTunes to select and sync your film the iPad's Videos app. If it says that it isn't compatible with the iPad then try doing Advanced > Create iPad Version and then try syncing that version over.
    And there is a step-by-step tutorial about transferring files from Computer to iPad, including to transfer the movies.
    Hope it can help you a lot.
    Last edited by nancygeorge; 04-27-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Barbara78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    iSending movies through itunes will solve the problem , I have transferred many apps developed by iPhone app developers newyork and Android app developers newyork I always use software named as DVD convertor, in which I convert files to mp4 format then select them through itunes then simply sync them. hope this will work for you

maxwellmarion no está en línea Stack level 1
    where to get this movie in HD http://vodly.tf/movie/10310/the-dark-knight-rises ?