Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree14Likes

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like ... Apple iPad forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Oh yeah.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    When the new iPad is connected to LTE its displayed as "LTE" in the top status bar so if you see 4G on yours you know it's the AT$T 3G signal that has been re marketed as 4G. A good note to remember as you travel about smartly.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I noticed that a Korean group had somehow got hold of the new IPad and bench-marked it. It appears that it has 1Gb of memory, (would have been nice to have gone to 2Gb, and the processor was clocked at the same speed as the IPad2, battery life is similar to the IPad2, and of course the quad core graphics processor is required to run the super duper screen, so no speed improvements but definite visual enhancements. The bigger battery of course very necessary for power to run the screen etc. What wasn't mentioned is how hot it runs, I wonder only because I have used these high end notebooks which run very hot after a while.

Other things that come to mind and I am not sure anyone on this site keeps their gadgets long enough to know, but I have gone through several IPods because every 2-3 years they would come up the with unhappy face, due to battery problems which was extremely frustrating (one of the reasons my wife went to an IPad2). So is it likely that the older IPhones will have this issue, will the IPad go this way, it seems less likely just because the systems are bigger and probably do not have the same heat issues, and same amount of usage, but it would be interesting to find out.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've often wondered that also. I have always thought a battery has a short life span (less than 3 years) but many don't feel that because they get new every year or two. I'm sure it's depends on many things but I've never seen anything posted about it.

I still have an original iPhone and the battery is still like it was new out of the box but I don't use that phone too often. Out of all the parts I've felt like the battery has always been one of the weak pieces to the puzzle.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm dictating this post from the new iPad to see if it works. The dictation feature works better than Siri does on the iPhone. Not really but I thought the new iPad would feel better if I dictated that
    chokem likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sweet! What are your thoughts on the screen?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Screen is definitely crisper, I have not installed any apps yet. I will have a better feeling after a few days of use. I'm hoping to see a slew of App updates to take advantage of the new screen resolution.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Glad you got one and dig it.
    Congrats on new toy: )

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Congratulations on your new Ipad, be interested to hear what are the differences apart from the screen. I know it has a better camera, but my wife wouldn't upgrade from an IPad2 for camera and screen as she doesn't use the camera and she is happy with the screen. Is it noticeably faster? How is the battery life? Some of the specs now match the Playbook 1Gb of memory, 5MP camera, but obviously needs excellent graphics processor for the screen. Looking forward to your review
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Congrats Steve. Let us all know...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The rear camera is not important to me either. I could see the FaceTime option being used on the front facing camera and that makes a difference but I can't see many using the rear for much. IDK? I suppose many will put it to good use but I wont.

The screen is/was hard to imagine being better. The iPad2 was great but when you start using the new iPad you actually do see an improvement. All the screen taps are smoother and snappier, zooming and and out is also quicker. Unless you hold both iPad2 and new iPad you won't notice any difference in weight or thickness.

I set this one up as a "new" iPad rather than carrying over from an iPad2 backup. I've slowly started putting back on a few Apps but they have not all been updated and you can tell. The touch points are off.

Viewing pictures and videos has improved and as a content consumption device people with be happy. If your an iPad1 owner I would definitely say the update is worth it. If your an iPad2 owner it comes down to want vs need. The iPad2 still has a good life left and unless you just have to have the new one, your fine for another year.

The new iPad screen is exceptional and navigation is as smooth as hot butter on a knife, it's quicker and snappier with everything.
    Anyone with a new iPad will be happy, it's matured inside and out and the Apps will continue to impress users after being updated with Retina screen graphics.

dushdavj and chokem like this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Love the review, down to earth, some very good points, interesting to read about the smooth transitions with regards to the navigation, bet you won't read that anywhere else.. Thank you, my wife will probably not upgrade but good to know what the differences are

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've always preferred the naked smart cover option but today I ordered the Incipio Smart Feather case to go with the Apple smart cover. It locks the Smart cover in place. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I like it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Co-worker has a 3. Beautiful screen. Worth upgrading from the 2 to the 3? Probably not.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I finally got around to getting one of these, Wacom Stylis for when I'm using Penultamate App. I still like the old idea of pen to paper even if it's with a new technology twist

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456