Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

I've always went with just the WiFi model but this time I'm actually thinking about ... Apple iPad forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I've always went with just the WiFi model but this time I'm actually thinking about going with 4G if true/offered. Rarely have I been out of range of WiFi but it would be nice to have the added feature.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, but is it worth having to add another data plan?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I thought you had the option for month to month and no commitment to traditional data plans? I'm also anticipating soon (2012-2013) we will be able to spread our data plans out across all our devices. So if you have a data plan for a smartphone and buy some other device you can log in and use the same plan. IDK? No I'm not interested in another long term plan and would not go for that. WiFi is everywhere and where it's not does not justify long term commitment by me anyway.

Yeah, you're right. They don't require a long-term commitment on the data plan for iPad. I wasn't aware of that.

Where did you hear they'd offer shared data plans?

Next Gen iPad is being announced.

Retina display, A5X chip with quad core graphics.

4G LTE, voice dictation.

Two versions in US for AT&T and Verizon. Available March 16th for same prices as current iPad.

$499 for 16GB. 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699. If you want 4G it's $629, $729 and $829.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dont take this as flamebait please....but ..... not much really there. Didn't really put that much effort into the name.."New iPadd".

Honestly dont see much reason to upgrade if you have an iPad2, since its already solid.

Maybe I'm biased, or just missing something. Gotta be it.....
    Delfim likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Lets look at it, a lot of people are going to rush out and buy it, same price as the IPad2, so price for price, buy the latest. Quad core has to be faster, and while we think we can get by with dual core, those extra microseconds make a difference, just think about going back and working on a 286 . I do wonder why they didn't put an 8 Mp camera in it, although the 5 Mp camera on my PlayBook takes really good pictures, come to that why did they put such a crappy camera in the IPad2 when better ones were available? High resolution display, not sure that my old eyes could really make out the difference between the new one and the old one on the IPad2, still there are Apps being released to take advantage of it.

So I wonder if there will be a sale on the IPad2's could be an opening for people to get something a little cheaper. In the end I will stick with my PlayBook as I prefer the size and do not really see any advantage in changing this year, plus I prefer its operating system with the e-mail and remote control.

I suspect there will be queues at the Apple stores, and wish people the best of luck with their new toys (please not I am not saying the this is a toy, just referring to all gadgets as toys which grownups love to play with). I look forward to the first review on Pinstack. If you have an IPad (the original) and are feeling flush on the money front then I think it would be a good upgrade (providing you want to stay Apple). IPad2 I am not so sure an upgrade this year is necessary but then it will depend on how much you love the latest and greatest.

With regards to 4G/LTE comments, anyone that just has WiFi on their tablet can always buy a MiFi unit which I find works well, or choose a phone which has an option to be a MiFi unit.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Need quad to push that resolution.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm keeping my iPad2. I've come attached to it. Regardless of all the extras, I value my money. If I trade it will be because it will be for a far better product. Until then, I'll wait.

They've already announced a 100.00 price reduction on the iPad2.
    Delfim and iNurse like this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    They've already announced a 100.00 price reduction on the iPad2.
    When it gets here, I'll upgrade the wife's... oh no, wait! I'll buy an iPad2 from some nut that will get an iPad3. That's it...I'll save plenty buckaroos.

Yeah, I imagine there will be a plethora of iP2's on the market.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast