Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Well? I SOLD my iPad2 yesterday, earlier than planned. I'm going through withdraws at the ... Apple iPad forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

General iPad3 talk

Advertisement

Well? I SOLD my iPad2 yesterday, earlier than planned. I'm going through withdraws at the moment b/c it's my go to device every morning for consuming everything digital that is new. News, Tweets, Emails, Messages, Intell (work) etc.

I told myself I was going to wait till March knowing it would be a good bet the iPad3 would be very close to release but looking in the eyes of a 10 yo boy along with his fathers smile was enough to weaken me. He was so proud walking out the door with a new iPad2.

Now to my second day thoughts.

I did not realize how much it's all about the Apps. I planned on re-opening my Laptop or setting at my desktop getting the same morning, afternoon, nightly fix of stuff and it hit me like a tons of bricks. THIS SUCKS!

Sure......... I can access all the same and I'm not missing anything but it's simply not as convenient nor enjoyable. I have no desire to set as long or digest as much. I think this next month or so will be interesting in the sense it will give me a new look at how I prefer to use devices to consume and product.

I can't imagine not having a smartphone and this is the first time I've really had that feeling. Point is a Laptop or Desktop gives me a heavy (don't care to use) feeling for much of my daily travels.

Can't WAIT for the iPad3 release!
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Just posted a thread about the release date for the iPad3.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm with you. I use my laptop maybe 10% of the time I'm at home on the Internet. The rest of my browsing, emails, etc is done on my iPad. Its soooo convenient to pick up the iPad and surf away. I'll be selling it as soon as the IP 3 drops, can't wait.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My iPad 2 and the wife's iPad were our saviours in Italy. Even with the (very) patchy and 20th century WiFi and 3G networks. WiFi is like chicken teeth... and when you find it it's like 5 US $ for 10 minutes... yikes.
    But for my basic up to date link to work back in Portugal, mail, and just pure work with DocsToGo, combined with Go Docks (sync to Google Docs) it was enough. And efficient. I'm talking iPads here. Not Italy.
    Italy is full of s**t - they brag a lot but don't have anything compared to home. That's a fact. At home, around where I live and work, anywhere, WiFi is a given...Thank goodness.

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    I can imagine about the "withdrawals"!
    :) iNurse :)

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional
    ...and I know that little boy has to be thrilled to have it!
    :) iNurse :)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's been 5 days now without my iPad. I've learned mornings and evenings are the times which it's missed most. It's so easy to simply grab the iPad and navigate around feeding my needs where my Laptop seems to be like a brick of consuming pain. Don't even get me started on the desktop. That is simply like "work".

I'm not even sure a new "Air" type device would solve the problem? A tablet device has actually worked it's way into my daily life.
    Who wudda thunk? Certainly not me.

maxrfon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't like ipads, iphones.... I love android, because i can write any utilities myself and use it. So let apple blow itself up but ipad/iphone will never be the top product. Yes, i mean the TOP product, because it could be a top seller thanks to agiotage and people who wait to see a next jalied (read useless) device LOL but for people who once have used a good phone/pad with Android OS the iOS/iProducts will never be the top again.
    But, i couldn't say that about the Mac OS though..

JaO

Max
    PS: Writting here just because the forum robot wants to make sure i am not a bot LOL
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    I don't like ipads, iphones.... I love android, because i can write any utilities myself and use it. So let apple blow itself up but ipad/iphone will never be the top product. Yes, i mean the TOP product, because it could be a top seller thanks to agiotage and people who wait to see a next jalied (read useless) device LOL but for people who once have used a good phone/pad with Android OS the iOS/iProducts will never be the top again.

JaO

Max
    PS: Writting here just because the forum robot wants to make sure i am not a bot LOL
    Well, this has to be the funniest thing I've read all day

maxrfon no está en línea Stack level 1
    i aam glad you had some laugh

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post

JaO

Max
    Well, since i do use iOS and Android simultaneously I tend to agree. I have nothing against either, but admit that Android, for me, still answers my needs more completely. No laughing matter, this.
    maxrfon likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    wow...just wow,if I can use a J quote
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Why is my no so smiling face in srl's post? Hmmmm. That one made me have to do a double take. And maxrfon, I've had a "good" android device, and it does NOT hold a candle to my i4S.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Del,one has to ask,if you don't like iphones why do you use one???
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Del,one has to ask,if you don't like iphones why do you use one???
    Funny how my criticism of anything leads you to think that may be a reason for not using it. Hell, I love them all. And criticize them all. And when I criticize it doesnt mean I don't like them. Quite the contrary.
    And then again, I like to have them all. And use them all. And keep an open unobnoxious mind open. That way I feel more comfortable when I opinionate.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast