Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

If so, i want to know more about your experience with it. Do you love ... Apple iPad forum

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Do you own an iPad?

Advertisement

If so, i want to know more about your experience with it. Do you love it or hate it? Is it the best thing since 'sliced bread' as we say in England. If you love it, what about it makes you drool over it. If you hate it, tell me about that too.

I've read a review from a certain PC mag about it, and i've decided against buying one, until Mr. Jobs decides to put Flash into it's GUI.
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've played with one and liked it. I was disapointed it didn't have any usb ports. I'll hold off to see what else comes out in the near future. It's basically just a larger iPod touch.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is my mini review on the iPad. It's a great device and it works great.

Link

It's not just a large iPod. It's much, much more than any iPod will ever be. It's a great in your face consumption device.

I do not own,but planning to purchase. The main reason behind purchasing it is that I have to travel for marketing purposes and while traveling I have to access internet constantly without charging device. By default the iPad has an all day battery that is good for 10 hours. Many netbooks out of the box only have about 3 or 4 hours of battery life although this can be upgraded.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    I'm replying to this post on an iPad right now. I personally love it. It's just like a large iPod but with many more features.
    I brought my iPad to my parents place, everyone in my family had a got at it (5-6 hours total) battery was at 66%.
    it's fast, it's beautiful for videos, web surfing is so interactive. The only downside I could say right now is the app store. Apple has nothing to do with this, but developers are releasing games for 4 times more on iPad then it is on iPhone.
    Example: plants vs. Zombies game is 2.99 on iPhone, 9.99 on iPad for the same game, but in HD. a but much, clearly people are trying to cash in on the iPad hype at the moment. Aside from that I use this iPad more then my MacBook now lol

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    The battery life on the iPad is amazing. That's one reason why I picked up the iPad. Web surfing, email, music, photos is great. The response time is really quick. The screen is amazing. I love the fact that I can take my iPad with me everywhere. It's so portable. So I think for my use it was well worth the money.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm trying to convince myself as well on getting the ipad.. What makes it any different then carrying my iphone which fits in my pocket??? Come on iPAD owners, convince me.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I've played with one and liked it. I was disapointed it didn't have any usb ports. I'll hold off to see what else comes out in the near future. It's basically just a larger iPod touch.

I got mine for Christmas, the 16 GB WiFi+3G model. Question: Did anyone's come with ANY earphones??? I had to buy 2 pairs of earphones because they were left out.

The dock connector at the bottom of it is a USB port. One gripe with it (unless I am missing something) is that locking the screen with the screen lock button also turns off the volume. I got a full 12 hours out of the battery and it was still at 65% when plugged in. The other thing I don't like is that you can't charge it via USB on a PC. I bought the case that doubles as the stand for it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    And now I can't get the data plan setup on my WiFi+3G model. I have tried 2 credit cards and all I get is that my billing info is incorrect when I know in fact that it is correct.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I wanted to buy an iPad tomorrow. I think it's a fun device. If you're looking for a computer then buy a Mac, but if you want a handheld computer to browse webpages, listen to music, read books/blogs/sports recaps, etc. and to play some cool games, then I would say to buy one.

As for no usb, it definitely is a downside. The only way to get around this would be to email the document to yourself or to bluetooth it to yourself... Not the most accommodating way but it still works.
    kathryn0915 likes this.

CathyDuncan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, keeping aside all the drawbacks of iPad, there are loads of benefits with it too. As you guys have already mentioned most of them here, so i think there is not need to repeat things. I would simply want to say that it's an amazing gadget to try once at least.

andykeating no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyDuncan View Post
    Well, keeping aside all the drawbacks of iPad, there are loads of benefits with it too. As you guys have already mentioned most of them here, so i think there is not need to repeat things. I would simply want to say that it's an amazing gadget to try once at least.
    I totally agree with you everyone should have one..
    kathryn0915 likes this.

Yeah Andy, thanks for being with me. I really love my iPad gadget.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I got mine for Christmas, the 16 GB WiFi+3G model. Question: Did anyone's come with ANY earphones??? I had to buy 2 pairs of earphones because they were left out.

The dock connector at the bottom of it is a USB port. One gripe with it (unless I am missing something) is that locking the screen with the screen lock button also turns off the volume. I got a full 12 hours out of the battery and it was still at 65% when plugged in. The other thing I don't like is that you can't charge it via USB on a PC. I bought the case that doubles as the stand for it.
    I got my iPad yesterday and I love it! I'm actually using it right now to type this message. Mine did not come with headphones which to me, is a disappointment. Luckily i have a few sets from my iPhone and iPod.
    Good battery life, clear resolution, fast processor, and thin and light weight. I'll report back once I play around with this a bit more.

Well, I agree with you, but wanted to know how long did you actually take writing and sending this message to this forum? If it takes no time, I'll go for it too, as I have already lost such earlier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast