Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guess I've let this thread sit a bit to long and not listed some App ... Apple iPad forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Guess I've let this thread sit a bit to long and not listed some App updates and their great uses.

To begin with the iPad can Print, Edit and create Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. It can also do the same with Pages, Numbers and Keynote.
    PDF's are a breeze and of course Books and Magazine are simply awesome on the iPad screen.

iPad App list and Prices:

Documents To Go: $14.99 I currently use and switched from QuickOffice. It's just better, no other reason. Plus it's a universal App and I have the same on my iPhone. Sync is WiFi and EASY. Even includes cloud accounts like DropBox etc.

QuickOffice: $9.99
    GoodReader: $0.99 This App allows you to read about any file type to include email attachments. Well worth the 99 cents.
    iBooks: FREE and will also read or include the ability to keep PDF files in your Book Shelf. PDF reader/storage software update was of iOS4 I think. Not yet available.

Reeder: RSS App $4.99. Probably the fastest RSS App and the UI is very neat and easy to use. Much different than any other RSS App. Worth looking at. It's nice
    NewsRack: RSS App $4.99 universal App so it's also available on the iPhone. This RSS App is very polished and has some neat iCandy. Tap Feeds at the top of the iPhone screen to see

Instapaper: $4.99 and well worth it. Save anything for reading later off line
    USA Today: FREE fast and easy to use. Navigation is easy also.
    NYTimes: FREE This App is also very nice and they are updating it monthly. They just added Videos and Arts sections. The navigation is easy but does lack total content due to Kindle agreements. Look for changes over time in how much of the paper you have access to. Still nice App either way. FREE is FREE.

Time Magaine: FREE in App Purchase of Monthly Issues. If you like Time Magazine you won't be disappointed.

Wired Magazine: $4.99 very neat but still developing. Not sure how additional issues will be delivered yet. Time Mag allowes for in App purchases of additional monthly issues. Wired has not included that feature yet. Look for changes in this Magazine App. It's still very nice but weights in at over 500 MB in file size due to all multi-media.

Print Magic HD: $9.99 Print anything on the iPad via WiFi
    SimpleNotes: FREE for iPad and iPhone. Sync notes wireless and works great. It's seamless and simple to use. No extra fluff to get in the way.
    Netflix: FREE also coming to iPhone. Movies are great on the iPad.
    ABC TV:FREE probably one of the most impressive Apps. It's nice and works great. 3G or WiFi
    Beejive: $9.99 every bit as good as the iPhone version.

Atomic Browser: $0.99 includes Tabs in Browser along with many other features. Again it's universal so the iPhone App option is nice and you don't pay twice.

Games

WeRule Gold: FREE a game like Farmville and very fun to play. (srl7741)
    PinBall HD: $2.99
    Real Racing: $9.99 if your a racing fan and like this type of game it's the best.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-13-2010 at 04:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Very cool. Will be picking most of these up on day one. 11 days and counting.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You know SRL, (and junmping back and forth from the iPhone 4 thread) if the iPad is not the real McCoy for us nuts...I'm thinking of keeping the BB and get an iPad instead of a iPhone. At least I find this very useful especially with 3G...real work and fun oriented !
    Instead of using my USB 3G pen on the PC I simply take the SIM card and slip it into the iPad. For the price ( the iPhone 4 is going to be the same price) I wonder if the iPad will not suit me better. And I get to stay with my beloved BB 9700...and the coming OS 6.
    Food for thought !

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey BHP - regarding what I say above, what's your take on this thought ?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Well? I will say this. The iPad has changed how I use my iPhone. It had lightened the load. It's also done the same for my Desktop and laptop. The iPad does actually fit in the middle b/c you consume everything while using it and only really use it for light to medium productivity.

So editing Home Movies is probably out on the iPad along with other editing things that take CPU power cycles. I find having the iPad or using the iPad so much more enjoyable than I first thought. It's so simple and easy to grab it and use instantly and even walking around the house or anywhere else for that matter is easy to do and works great. I just can't describe how many ways it can be used. You have to just try to use one for a week or two. You will find out it may be your go to device or choice b/c the larger screen is in your face, the UI is polished and nice and everything is right there.

I should add tho, if the iPad is going to leave your home it needs a case. If you take it out and about without it will get damaged. It's to thin and just a bit to large and it will get damaged.

I've settled on two cases.

1. Belkin grip Vue in the house b/c is easy to hold and fits tight around the iPad. Apple Stores stocks them
    2. PDair Leather Folio case with the magnet enclosures. You can't tell it's an iPad and it's very professional looking not to mention real leather. It's a pretty nice case even tho currently there are hundreds of other cases that are nice also. The PDair fits snug and the iPad is safe and still easy to use.

Not all cases are created equally as most people already know so choose wisely according to your likes. If you don't you will end up like me spending a small fortune on cases trying to find the right one.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    You know SRL, (and junmping back and forth from the iPhone 4 thread) if the iPad is not the real McCoy for us nuts...I'm thinking of keeping the BB and get an iPad instead of a iPhone. At least I find this very useful especially with 3G...real work and fun oriented !
    Instead of using my USB 3G pen on the PC I simply take the SIM card and slip it into the iPad. For the price ( the iPhone 4 is going to be the same price) I wonder if the iPad will not suit me better. And I get to stay with my beloved BB 9700...and the coming OS 6.
    Food for thought !

I feel the same, I'm going to keep my Android because it fits my needs very well. Does all i need and more. The iPad is just what i think S.Jobs wanted it to be, a device to give rich multi-media experience but in a bigger package than a phone but not be so intrusive as a PC can be. If this thing 1/8 of how SRL describes it then it will be a hit in my stable of electronics that's for sure. Everyone that i have talk to with one has nothing but good things to say. Del, you love your BB because they handle your calls and emails very well. No way around that, you haven't given it up although you have tried just about every device you can get you hands on. you alway revert back to you berry, the iPad may be just what you are looking for, that extra media experience with a few work related items but where ever you go you will have your workhorse on your side to handle the business end.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BHP thanks - maybe that's what I'll do... Really logical step. Keep the BB for the essential communications and use the IPad for both work and internet and some entertainment! Gonna give it a go! Keep you guys posted !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12