Here is an interesting article from Wall Street Journal about the nook - a $200 ... Tablet and Pad Devices forum

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3

Barnes & Noble Nook Color

Advertisement

Here is an interesting article from Wall Street Journal about the nook - a $200 tablet/pad alternative capable of running android if rooted. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...S=rooting+nook

Pandigital

Another cheap alternative tablet/pad is the Pandigital 7" or 9" ebook reader. It can be hacked to run the Android operating system. Did a little research and found a wiki thread here on rooting and flashing an Android rom. http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index...acking_The_PDN. A QVC version already has Android, but it looked very sluggish. I don't know the hardware specs on it, but just thought I'd see if anyone else has tried one of them.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'll tell you folks, I picked up a Nook Color, then rooted it voiding the warranty, then added cyanogenmod7 and turned it into a full blown android tablet, very fast and the market works great, youtube is working and it is very fast. The nice thing is you can't brick this device, you just simply set it back to it's original state and start over.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

That's great news! Hopefully it will accept new roms based on Honeycomb in the future, if that's possible. How much ram does it have on board?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    512, 2 256 Stacked, I was running Honeycomb prior to this, but the market didn't work very well, no you tube, and much slower

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color