Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please dont put a time limit on it.... Please dont tell the theme maker that ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

When you ask someone to create a theme

Advertisement

Please dont put a time limit on it....

Please dont tell the theme maker that if I get my theme today I will leave you a good review....

Please dont demand things......

Keep in mind people that we all have jobs, families, and lifes outside of PinStack....we can't always create themes at the drop of a dime. Most of us, theme builders, do our best to get them to you withing a day or so and we are always open to make changes to the themes.....but dont demand them....we do this for free...we do it for fun.....we do it because we love our BB's and PinStack site/members.....

We dont ask for TRUST LEVELS.....we DONT DEMAND rave reviews....that should be something you do if you like it and feel we deserve the positive feedback....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm always amazed at the pushiness of some people who are asking for something for free. Asking for modifications for free and complaining if it isn't done 24 hours later. But most of all I'm amazed at how awesomely patient our theme designers are and how they do sometimes bend over backwards to make people happy. I've seen some great theme designers just disappear because they were tired of feeling so pressured to give people what they want and give it now!

So please people, don't chase them away with unrealistic demands! Instead be patient and be grateful or learn to design your own

Thanks to you ice and all the others who give of your time and contribute to this site! You are appreciated
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    will somebody PLEASE make me a theme for my storm! i need it by tomorrow to show my friends. sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Very well put ice. I have set in amazement many times when people do this and like azstar stated I am impressed by the patience you guys have. Kudos to you and all of our other awesome theme makers for the great work you do.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    will somebody PLEASE make me a theme for my storm! i need it by tomorrow to show my friends. sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.
    Thanks.....needed that laugh.....I feel better now....I got like 24 theme requst at the moment and they all want them yesterday.....

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    I, Like many of us, appreciate the awsome themes put out there for F-R-E-E!! I would gladly pay for most of the themes our theme experts make, but they are so generous, I don't have to! I can't imagine what in the world would posses someone to b*tch about a) their request's timeliness, or b) the theme as is! Too many people want too many changes after one of these fabulous themes is posted!

Thanks, theme gods/ goddeses! You all make my 'berry go round!
    Last edited by MHutch30; 01-22-2009 at 09:08 PM.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Yeah its amazing how many ppl I told to make it themselves cause they got demanding! I have made over 100 themes for pinstack/members and never asked for a dime! I agree ... With you 100%

¤ Via Curvelicious ¤

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I am personally in awe of you guys/gals who develop these themes. Your talent and creativity is simply amazing, and the fact that you do this out of the goodness of your hearts is an yet another admirable trait and speaks volumes to the personality and the characteristics of the people who make PinStack the ultimate BlackBerry destination on the 'net!

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I wish i could make themes. The friggen file wont load onto my PC and its making me maddddddddd
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I want to chime in. I've asked for a few custom themes and the builders were gracious enough to make them for me, never asking anything in return. I think I speak for 99 percent of Stack nation when I say we truly appreciate all of you guys. If I drank, this Bud would be for you. Thanks guys and gals!~via 9000 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by chokem; 01-23-2009 at 07:57 AM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    We like making themes, but sometimes we are not familiar with what the poster is requesting, so in the future if you have a theme in mind, it would be great if you could add the images that you want, in the size of the device you have. I think that would help alot, because half the battle is searching for the images and if we don't know what you are asking for, we very well can't find an image.

Just a thought on how this would make things easier for theme builders. I actually think that it should be a rule when posting a theme request.

Should have to post like this:

What you want your theme to be
    What device you have and OS
    What specific version you want: Today, Today Plus, Icon, Zen etc..
    Add images of what you have in mind in the correct size for your device (in png format if possible)

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I hear ya ice ~ and all you valuable theme makers! Impatience is definitely not cool.

Ya'll gotta remember that these theme makers are devoting their valuable time, energy and resources to making themes with nothing to gain but the feeling it gives them to give back to and support the PS community.

Theme making takes a lot of time and effort.

What you guys could do is make an attempt to create some of your own too, if your favorite themer is backlogged as most of them are
    Check out the Software and Theme Dev Forum for links and tips to "How To" start creating your own.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Welcome to the world of theme making Ice. I ignore these people when they start asking for themes within a time frame. I just tell them ask someone else. As you've mentioned we do this for free and don't ask for anything in return and yet they want perfection from our work. That's why I post what I can and feel like posting and sharing. If you don't like it move on and check out others' themes if you don't like someone's work. We're not asking you to praise us nor give us money in return. I've been offered money countless of times but I always do it for free. I don't do this for the money. I feel that if I ever do start getting paid for it; my hobby will no longer be that, it will become another job and that takes away all the fun out of it. Therefore, my best advice for you is to tell these people to ask someone else or just ignore them to death and block them. We CANNOT please everyone. Trust me when I say this. If you please one person the others will keep asking for this and the other and more until you burn yourself out. If you make a theme, you do so out of the kindness of your heart and that should deserve some recognition no matter what. Some people think that it's easy to make these themes and what I always say the door for new theme makers is open and the tools are there for them. That's how I originally became interested in theme making. I took matters into my own hands by realizing that some of the themes I've downloaded weren't for me. However, I never said anything negative about any theme nor did I ever request for something out of this world and decided to make my own right there and then. Haven't looked back since. I do what I can when I can. If you feel like the theme you asked for is not what you wanted well, the door is open as I mentioned. The nerve these people have is beyond this world. Don't let these kind of people discourage you, I've encountered a few myself and the best way to avoid dealing with them is to avoid them and let them realize that you don't care about their demanding requests and move on. This is very upsetting and disgusting. Well, life goes on . My two cents
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Please treat our theme builders with the respect they deserve. If not they..........

CRY

Keep up the great work guys you all are truly appreciated
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Please don't make us cry blue tears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast