I'm not big fan of transparent icons. Sure, they look cool and you can see ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

What I'd Like To See In A Theme

Advertisement

I'm not big fan of transparent icons. Sure, they look cool and you can see your background, but they don't look so good when you have other programs installed with incompatible icons. Unless you move all those to the bottom. And I like my icons organized by rows and categories.

I'd like to see some alternatives to the standard icon rows and list theme styles. I'm overjoyed to have the Zen theme, and I love the single key shortcuts it has! It would be cool to see an arrangement like a circle of icons that rotated like a revolver or Wheel of Fortune. Perhaps the ability to put your icons into folders like Messaging, Maps, Games and such. Sorta like the Applications folder in some icon and the list style themes.
    As far as colors and styles, I like something that's easy to recognize. For that the stock themes are very nicely done. I don't have to look at the bottom to know which icon I'm on. And I don't really like the "theme" oriented themes like the Southpark or StarWars themes. They're fun, but I just change my wallpaper with my moods.

Share what you like/dislike and what you'd like to see in the future of themes. Discuss.
    Last edited by BenMarvin; 05-16-2006 at 08:37 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: What id like to see done in a theme

I would like the ability of the hidden/invisible themes to have customizeable icons for programs you download. My 3rd party apps, such as my games, are the only apps with icons that don't get hidden in this sort of theme.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I would like the ability of the hidden/invisible themes to have customizeable icons for programs you download. My 3rd party apps, such as my games, are the only apps with icons that don't get hidden in this sort of theme.
    true. which kind of makes icons look odd

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    That is an excellent idea, sorta like the way you can change an icon on your windows desktop... Alt + click Trackwheel --> select Change Icon. Put that on your to-do list, Plazmic!