Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

@cherrichiodo: You are absolutely right... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

@cherrichiodo: You are absolutely right

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Not to mention Cherri's themes. They are amazing. I do understand now that you are talking about the ones selling them, but if the stackers are coming here to complain about buying them from a 3rd party, we are just suggesting that they take the time to look for the ones here instead.

Thanks for the kudos Cherri.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    @cherrichiodo: You are absolutely right
    thanks for clarification. without taking stabs at anyone, i will say this:

as someone who has been selling commercially for over a year, it does sting a bit to go on to the mobile app stores to see themes with copyrighted images/wallpapers, no changes in the banners/menus/fonts and/or default icons being sold when i spend so much time on mine to create one of a kind, original themes ... but i can't get worked up over it those who appreciate are the ones who push me to make my themes better every time

@pdxmatts: There are indeed plenty of nice themes here. And also, I happen to know people who sell themes on their sites and do a professional job (offer a good price, make changes for you, offer support, etc). It's just crappy companies and people ruining the overall experience for users and the market for those involved in commercially selling themes.

As an off-topic, this is why Apple is keeping the iPhone software market closed.
    When they let people make webapps and publish them on apple.com, guess what happened?

1000 crappy webapps showed up, bloated with Adsense advertising to make a quick bang. A friend of mine spent a weekend making a nice and clean app to measure the speed of the user's internet connection (even worked well on my BB), and his app ended up burried under 1000 advertising filled and useless webapps.

It's the current state of the internet, people. Everybody wanting to make a quick buck.

@cherrichiodo: I know the feeling mate. I make software Things are even worse. You know, you can't make one theme and sell:
    - Deluxe edition
    - Premium Edition
    - Light Edition
    - Enterprise Edition
    - Power edition
    - Basic edition
    - 2009 edition
    - 2010 preview edition
    etc,

and fill an entire online catalogue category with one theme

I know a piece of software made in China, that is available under 500 names!
    All they changed was the name and some colors

psionfenix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c637d4
    can i take you up on that 1k, i've got lots of free time. lol

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    @dr_devious: I was a bit missunderstood. I wasn't taking BBPlay's side. I was trying to point out that there is nothing wrong in either 1) Get something you need for free, or 2) Pay for something you need, as long as you receive what you paid for.

As for BPlay, I went to the BlackBerry mobile site one night after I got my BB. Saw a nice game demo from them (A golf game I believe). I decided to download and install the trial. As soon as I install it and start it, it directly tells me that I need to purchase the game to play it. That's it. No demo. That's crap.

I am a software developer. I either offer a demo, or don't. (99% of the cases I do. People have the right to try before they buy).
    It was nothing but a very cheap and low marketing trick from them.

If you don't offer a demo, than don't. But don't make me download and install something that displays a messagebox : "Buy the game to play."

---
    As an offtopic, I think I should patent my invention of the perfect game demo for the BlackBerry. It's a puzzle in which you are limited to try the game up to 90 moves. If you are real real real real good, the game can be completed in under 90 moves, and basically get a free game for being real real real real good
    Feel free to offer your games here on Pinstack. We would love to add a game developer to the stacks.

Serpent no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_devious View Post
    I am going to assume that you have not seen some of the themes that the better Pinstack theme devs are producing. Personally, I believe I am building quality themes that are as good, if not better than anything Bplay is creating. Additionally if you look at my themes, I attempt to provide a classy, professional UI. I am a graphic designer by trade and hopefully my themes reflect that.
    Oh yeah. Dr. Devious' Themes are where it's at.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456