Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

And I'm still waitin for a refund after six weeks and four emails! This is ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

jonboywhite no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cf041

Advertisement

And I'm still waitin for a refund after six weeks and four emails! This is rediculous and I hope they fail as a company! You just can't ignore your clientele! It stinks and I don't like it!

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have always had great customer support from Bplay. They usually get back to me in a day or so, if an application or theme doesn't work correctly, wasn't downloaded correctly, etc. They offered me two free themes strictly to keep me happy. Bplay is top notch; Handango is a site I would stay away from. Many bad experiences from Handango, no longer go there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    I purchased a theme on Friday, September 19th at 9:30am EST. As of this post, I still have NOT received the OTA link for download. 3 emails all went unanswered yet my credit card was CHARGED instantly.

BPlay where is my theme? I have already contacted my credit card company and they are going to apply a credit. Yes, it's $4.99 but that is not the point. The point is I paid for something and never received my product. I'll never buy anything from this site / company again.

krashannacoutee no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the same theme and they never responded to me I'm glad I found this website so now I don't have to deal with bplay

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Dear friends,

I run a small software company for 6 years now.
    When you don't get a reply within reasonable time (24/48 hours, or 2 business days ... ok, let's make it a week), the issue is simple. Nobody cares about you.

I own a studio, we have a good volume of sales and our customer base kept expanding and the company grows nicely.

At the begining, there was only me, and now, there are several people working on several aspects of our projects.

ONE THING was left unchanged. I handle all customer issues personally. It's the thing I like to do every morning while I have my cup of coffee. It's the reason I ended up in the BB world. I wanted to have my emails at hand and be able to respond to important emails anytime.

The only *excuse* for poor customer service and no replies, is ignorance.
    The "worst" I had, was a delay of up to 36 hours. But that was when we released a game which had sales almost every minute, license keys had to be setup, questions to be answered and so on.

Here is a free piece of good advice. If you are not sure before purchasing from a company, use their contact form and ask them some question. You think of something. See how fast and good they reply. Don't mention anything about being interested in purchasing or so.

Just something like:
    "Hi there. I have a question. Cand I do *something* with your software?"

It works just well

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro
    Don't buy corporate themes, donate or download for free from one of the Pinstack Elite Theme Developers
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

Quote Originally Posted by dr_devious View Post
    Don't buy corporate themes, donate or download for free from one of the Pinstack Elite Theme Developers
    I have to disagree with you on this one.
    I will try and be totally objective, considering that I am a software developer (with a recently developed interest for BlackBerries).
    I am also a consumer of several products and services like anyone else.

If I can find something for free, I take it for free.
    If I can find it for cheap, I take it for cheap.
    If it's expensive, I will pay for it if it's something I need and worth's it's value.

I used to make Windows Mobile themes (both Today screen and Media Player).
    Things got pretty nasty once it was for Media Player. No editor of any kind, you had to do everything by hand (XML). If you messed up something, the theme wouldn't show up.

I have spent an entire day (from morning to evening) to make a nice theme to resemble the exact functionality of an iPod. It was 99% an iPod on your Windows Mobile.

Back in those days, if you would have purchased a theme from us, you were welcomed to ask us to make any changed to suit you.

Nowadays, every Tom, Dick and Harry grabs a theme editor, 2000 copyrighted images from Google and 24 hours later he is selling a 2000 themes pack for $1.99

Wonderfull themes, using yellow small fonts on a background featuring a bright beach.

I will happily pay $1000 for everyone who is willing to upload and test 2000 themes, each for 5 seconds, on his phone. If you do that, you will probably lose your job, your wife will leave you, and you will have some physical damage.

------
    Developing 1 (ONE) quality theme takes time and effort. I still make themes for my personal use. You have to test the colors, the contrast and everything for a few days. Make sure it won't hurt your eyes, it has good visibility and also if it creates you a good feeling when you see it.

I have my days when I like something simple and elegant (black/gray/white), or a vintage christmas scene around hollydays, and so on.

It's not a simple task. It's art

Ever visited a website or seen a wallpaper from which you just can't take your eyes off? That's how themes should be

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    This advice is coming from one of the best!

I agree, why pay for their themes when Pinstack has the best themes I have seen for free.

amistry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quoting this for the truth that it is.
    I now exclusively use the themes made by the wonderful members of this community. I'd rather see my money and support go to these good people than some stranger at a website I know nothing about who doesn't care to respond to questions or concerns.

Everyone here is wonderful and supportive. I am a manager for a customer support center and this community performs the way I coach my employees to.

Just thought I'd share that with you all... kudos on great work!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Nowadays, every Tom, Dick and Harry grabs a theme editor, 2000 copyrighted images from Google and 24 hours later he is selling a 2000 themes pack for $1.99
    this ^^ i agree with. whatever happen to originality? i can make TONS of free themes using disney images i found on the net. why would someone want to pay for them? but .. i digress ... not everyone has visited the forums. not everyone knows there are alternatives to such sites as bplay

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have to disagree with you on this one.
    I will try and be totally objective, considering that I am a software developer (with a recently developed interest for BlackBerries).
    I am also a consumer of several products and services like anyone else.

If I can find something for free, I take it for free.
    If I can find it for cheap, I take it for cheap.
    If it's expensive, I will pay for it if it's something I need and worth's it's value.

I used to make Windows Mobile themes (both Today screen and Media Player).
    Things got pretty nasty once it was for Media Player. No editor of any kind, you had to do everything by hand (XML). If you messed up something, the theme wouldn't show up.

I have spent an entire day (from morning to evening) to make a nice theme to resemble the exact functionality of an iPod. It was 99% an iPod on your Windows Mobile.

Back in those days, if you would have purchased a theme from us, you were welcomed to ask us to make any changed to suit you.

Wonderfull themes, using yellow small fonts on a background featuring a bright beach.

I will happily pay $1000 for everyone who is willing to upload and test 2000 themes, each for 5 seconds, on his phone. If you do that, you will probably lose your job, your wife will leave you, and you will have some physical damage.

------
    Developing 1 (ONE) quality theme takes time and effort. I still make themes for my personal use. You have to test the colors, the contrast and everything for a few days. Make sure it won't hurt your eyes, it has good visibility and also if it creates you a good feeling when you see it.

I have my days when I like something simple and elegant (black/gray/white), or a vintage christmas scene around hollydays, and so on.

Ever visited a website or seen a wallpaper from which you just can't take your eyes off? That's how themes should be
    Have you seen the themes here on Pinstack? I make themes and I take that time to make them right and pay attention to every detail when building a theme.Some theme builders here should work for BB. They are that good. By the way, we are talking about BB themes, not windows.

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro

I am going to assume that you have not seen some of the themes that the better Pinstack theme devs are producing. Personally, I believe I am building quality themes that are as good, if not better than anything Bplay is creating. Additionally if you look at my themes, I attempt to provide a classy, professional UI. I am a graphic designer by trade and hopefully my themes reflect that.
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

@pdxmatts: The "theme scene" is the same. The discussion is pretty much "platform independent" if it comes to that.

I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. I know there are talented people here.
    And those that make the crappy themes are not here to distribute them for free. They are selling them for $0.99 on mobile software portals.

One thing I challenged a friend of mine with (he worked as a marketing manager for Vodafone):

If you make a great product, how do you make it stand out when you have 9999 crappy one around it?
    To make things simple, If i give someone a list of 9999 crappy BB themes, and 1 brilliant one made by YOU, how will he find your theme?

Welcome to the "industry" mate. For every guy like you, 9999 come with crappy products to even out the market

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    devious ^^ i don't think its a stab at any of the developers here on PS...but rather the themes being sold on all the other outlets that he is talking about...

am i wrong robert? bc the themes that are being kicked out by such developers as devious and pdxmatts are phenomenal to say the least ... and free for that matter.

@dr_devious: I was a bit missunderstood. I wasn't taking BBPlay's side. I was trying to point out that there is nothing wrong in either 1) Get something you need for free, or 2) Pay for something you need, as long as you receive what you paid for.

As for BPlay, I went to the BlackBerry mobile site one night after I got my BB. Saw a nice game demo from them (A golf game I believe). I decided to download and install the trial. As soon as I install it and start it, it directly tells me that I need to purchase the game to play it. That's it. No demo. That's crap.

I am a software developer. I either offer a demo, or don't. (99% of the cases I do. People have the right to try before they buy).
    It was nothing but a very cheap and low marketing trick from them.

If you don't offer a demo, than don't. But don't make me download and install something that displays a messagebox : "Buy the game to play."

---
    As an offtopic, I think I should patent my invention of the perfect game demo for the BlackBerry. It's a puzzle in which you are limited to try the game up to 90 moves. If you are real real real real good, the game can be completed in under 90 moves, and basically get a free game for being real real real real good

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast