The other day I unlocked the vendor themes on my T-Mobile 8100 (upgraded to 4.5). ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Vendor theme - icons look bad

Advertisement

The other day I unlocked the vendor themes on my T-Mobile 8100 (upgraded to 4.5). I liked the Verizon theme, but I noticed that the non native icons (Viigo, Gmail, etc.) looked very bad in the Verizon theme but look fine on the T-Mobile Zen theme. The icons looked distorted and pixelated - kind of the way a low res picture looks when increased in size. However, the icons appeared to be the same size as before, and like I said, the native apps icons looked fine.

Any idea what is going on?

updater no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey here is the thing: the 3rd party app icons as you mentioned -- distorted, vaguely shown on your zen style themes is because zen and today as well as today plus style themes' icon resolutions are 48x36, however, many 3rd party app developers preset their products icons' width and hight resolutions in same solid pixes. For instance, 36x36 pixes. and there is only one style theme show icons in same width and hight: icon style theme. So the Dimension Icon theme uses 48x48 as the default setting on which screen many 3rd party app icons would be ssen properly. And since 3rd party app icons can't be modified on your device. So you have nothing to cure your itch but have to endure it.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the answer! So then the T-Mobile Zen theme happens to use the icon size that renders these 3rd party icons fine? Because that looks okay, but the Verizon Zen is the one that makes them look jagged. I think one of the other vendor themes (can't remember which) also looks fine.