i was wondering on how i can remove my unlocked vendor themes on my bb. ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Vendor Theme Help!!!

Advertisement

i was wondering on how i can remove my unlocked vendor themes on my bb. i dont need them anymore. i also dont have the original alx file.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Vendor Theme Help!!!

well, if you are wanting to get rid of all of them, simply uninstall the OS from your PC, then reinstall it to your PC, then run app loader. it will delete them off as unrecognized modules

if you want to delete just a few, you will have to do the same above, but re-edit the blackberry.alx file to include the ones you want and not include the ones you don't...

hopefully i haven't confused you...

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    well, if you are wanting to get rid of all of them, simply uninstall the OS from your PC, then reinstall it to your PC, then run app loader. it will delete them off as unrecognized modules

if you want to delete just a few, you will have to do the same above, but re-edit the blackberry.alx file to include the ones you want and not include the ones you don't...

ill just edit the alx file thanks cherri!

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

i tryed editing the .alx file but it didnt work i tryed reinstalling os but it didnt work . i just set up dm to this comp so i think the problem is something with app loader. i only see 3rd party apps with this comp no rim software like the dm on my other comp shows. i need help my bb is starting to act up so i need these unlocked themes out!
    p.s. other comps are not accessable at this time.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Once you edit the BB.alx file you need to delete the vendor.alx file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Once you edit the BB.alx file you need to delete the vendor.alx file from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder

Rcbjr
    whoo! it worked all i had to do was delete the vendor file

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3

I am thinking of unlocking vendor themes, and I just wanted to know one thing. If I back up the blackberry.alx and vendor files and lets say I decide I want to remove the themes, could I just restore these files and run DM and will all be back to normal?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 360Challenge View Post
    I am thinking of unlocking vendor themes, and I just wanted to know one thing. If I back up the blackberry.alx and vendor files and lets say I decide I want to remove the themes, could I just restore these files and run DM and will all be back to normal?

Thanks
    if you wanto remove them and you have a copy of the non edited alx file then just swap them and run dm