Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need to rant! This guy has somehow managed to pull the theme elements from ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro

Using theme elements and icons without permission

Advertisement

I need to rant! This guy has somehow managed to pull the theme elements from screenshots or the theme and used them in his own theme without permission.

Most of those icons and meters are custom built in Photoshop and not in the SDK from Google. I spent the time designing and creating them and this ******* comes along and steals instead of putting in the time on his own.

Just need to vent...

Last edited by dr_devious; 10-30-2008 at 03:54 PM.
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    doc, unfortunately, there "is" a way to extract them. we had another stacker figure it out, but asked not to post the instructions for this very reason.

i would contact him and/or his host for using copyrighted material.

PM me if you need help. this hasn't happened to me exactly, but i've had tons of my themes re-posted on other sites, with NO credit -- earning some schmuck some google ad-sense money from my hard work. its very stressful. sorry it happened to you

Worse yet is that theme is being featured on BerryReview today
    BlackBerry Themes:

Questions:

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ugh ... send an email to his host requesting the copyright material be taken down or face legal action. even if its intellectual, its yours. you are protected under US copyright laws.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    that sucks doc! The bright side is, you must be the bomb, if someone else is trying to use your handmade stuff!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tough break Doc do love the theme though

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    for sure!
    I agree with bassman, I've never gotten to talk to you directly but I'm a huge fan of your themes man!
    that blows that someone just stole your work. I know how much time goes into making a theme and your leagues ahead of me in that arena so I can only imagine how much time it took you.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    What icon set did they rip from you?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hello there,

As a fellow developer, I know your anger. Been there, done that.
    Here is some quick advice:

- if he is selling it on some of the mobile portals (MobiHand, etc), immediately contact them and let the know. When this happened to me, they removed it without even asking that guy anything.

- go to his website and see what payment processor he is using. Contact them immediately and ask them to cease offering a service to help distribute materials that are a copyright infrigement.

- contact the guy and tell him you will seek full legal assistance on this mather if he doesn't stop at once. If he is in the same country with you, I suggest you go to court. You don't need any lawyer for this. It's a piece of cake case to win.

I hope this will help you in some ways.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^ Dont make him mad, LOL
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    That is just so wrong. I am sorry that happened to you Doc.. Let Cherri help you, she can get it done. Someone put my Berrylicious theme on Crackberry's site, but they did give me credit. I would be so mad if someone did that to me. Fight for your rights Doc..

Kudos...BerryReview! They took down the post and were very helpful.
    BlackBerry Themes:

Questions:

maja no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Hello there,

As a fellow developer, I know your anger. Been there, done that.
    Here is some quick advice:

- if he is selling it on some of the mobile portals (MobiHand, etc), immediately contact them and let the know. When this happened to me, they removed it without even asking that guy anything.

- go to his website and see what payment processor he is using. Contact them immediately and ask them to cease offering a service to help distribute materials that are a copyright infrigement.

- contact the guy and tell him you will seek full legal assistance on this mather if he doesn't stop at once. If he is in the same country with you, I suggest you go to court. You don't need any lawyer for this. It's a piece of cake case to win.

I hope this will help you in some ways.
    I'm afraid that won't be eazy. The guy is a native Chinese and still lives there. He is also a forum admin of some infamous chinese blackberry forums where the awareness and respect of copyright is merely empty. So I don't think American lawsuit could prevent him from cheating anymore.

I do agree with you robertm on your second suggestion. And my suggestion is: He wants fame? Fine. David you should do it further. Contact all the mainstream blackberry blog writers and blackberry fansite owners and tell them never use this guys post. This is a guy from a place with no credit.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by maja View Post
    I'm afraid that won't be eazy. The guy is a native Chinese and still lives there. He is also a forum admin of some infamous chinese blackberry forums where the awareness and respect of copyright is merely empty. So I don't think American lawsuit could prevent him from cheating anymore.
    an email to his host should work. i've had to deal with this numerous times and tho sometimes it took more than one email, it was always resolved. and they were all OUTSIDE of the US...still, US copyright laws apply

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    @cherrichiodo:
    Indeed, if the host is US based, that changes the situation. It makes the host an accomplice into copyright infrigement and subject to the same US laws and could potentially suffer the same consequences as the chinese guy.

I wanted to ask ironically at first if the guy is from Asia, but I didn't wanted to sound stereotipical or rasist ... but those simply think that they can steal anything and do whatever they want in order to advance their communist economy.

Let's hope RIM will follow Apple and create one single controlled software market for the BlackBerry. That would make life perfect for all developers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast