Hello all, many posts read, first one started. I know that this is a familiar ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

jarvis.s no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30143F7F

uncaught exception, java, null pointer

Advertisement

Hello all, many posts read, first one started. I know that this is a familiar problem but I am wondering if someone can help me with mine specifically. I get the uncaught java exception whenever I use a 3rd party theme. When I switch back to default the problem goes away, even with the reader and themes still on the device. It usually hangs when I try and lock the keypad (which I no longer do) or when it is left alone for a while (tries to go on stand by I believe) in the former I simply have to click "ok" and in the latter it is impossible to click "ok" and exit warning/select options without a hard reset. My SP is Telus, I know for PCS they cripple a lot of functions, but did not think this was the base with BBs. In case it helps, I DO have v 4.1 and have not updated it as of yet.

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: uncaught exception, java, null pointer

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis.s
    Hello all, many posts read, first one started. I know that this is a familiar problem but I am wondering if someone can help me with mine specifically. I get the uncaught java exception whenever I use a 3rd party theme. When I switch back to default the problem goes away, even with the reader and themes still on the device. It usually hangs when I try and lock the keypad (which I no longer do) or when it is left alone for a while (tries to go on stand by I believe) in the former I simply have to click "ok" and in the latter it is impossible to click "ok" and exit warning/select options without a hard reset. My SP is Telus, I know for PCS they cripple a lot of functions, but did not think this was the base with BBs. In case it helps, I DO have v 4.1 and have not updated it as of yet.
    i get the same message error with my mobipocket reader?? anyone can help>>>>

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack. What themes do you get the error on. There may be an issue with your BB and one of the icons. Let us know so we can figure this out...

jarvis.s no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30143F7F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have tried GM Variant 7200, vista 7200, Golf 3, Golf Green, and one or 2 others. I downloaded the plazma reader direct from millennia to start. After this did not work, I tried using the version that comes in the zipped file. BTW, almost all were dlded from this forum in the theme area. Thanks for concern, here's hoping I can get some better themes. Also, can you help me find the program to do it myself? Thanks again.

alexignatyuk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CA5F1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to get rid of the problem you have to go to settings then to to sms text settings then scroll down when you are an option that says number of previous items... Change that number to any other number it doesn't matter and save your changes... That's what I did and I got rid of the problem. But after everytime you reboot your phone your gonna have to do the same thing by changing the number of previous items.... Thanks