has anyone had a problem editing the Blackbery.alx file when tryingo to unlock the vendor ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes

Question unable to edit Blackberry.alx file

Advertisement

has anyone had a problem editing the Blackbery.alx file when tryingo to unlock the vendor themes?

i am running vista home premium and cannot seem to edit the file, i open it with both wordpad and notepad but cannot edit it with either

i am running 4.5.0.81 for 8310

if anyone knows what i could be doing wrong i would apreciate your input

thanks!

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It's not anything you are doing wrong. It is permissions setup with the operating system. What you need to do is make sure your account has administrator rights. Then right click on the file, select properties. Then click on the security tab, click on 'edit share permissions'. Click continue past the UAC. The you should shee, administrators, users and maybe one other type of users type listed. You want to set your account with full control. You should be able to select the checkmark for 'full control'. Save by clicking OK, and close other dialog boxes. You should be able to edit and save file now.
    Hope this helps you out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes
    Thanks macallik, so i turned off the UAC and removec the user settings and i was able to modify the file, thanks so much, and i could unlock the vendor themes,

thanks again!