Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hi dasupaman23, I am on ver 4.0.2.x I have tried both ways... OTA and DM... ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

Re: Themes

Advertisement

Hi dasupaman23,

I am on ver 4.0.2.x
    I have tried both ways... OTA and DM... did the reset also...
    but still I dont see any of the themes under options > themes.

thanks
    faaltoo

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Those are the only themes that will work on 4.0. Are these the ones you are trying to install?
    yes...

shiirrley no está en línea Stack level 1

I used plazmic theme builder and the saved file extention is .thm
    However, my Desktop Manager does not recognize that file - it only takes .alx, therefore I am unable to load any themes created...please help

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

.thm is for plazmic... there is something in there you have to click on to change it to .alx... I haven't had time to open it in weeks. Let me try pulling it up on my pc and see where it is.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Ok, it is under File export (or shortcut Ctrl+E) and click on alx, pick a name and a location and click OK.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Yes, I actually did that but nothing was exported...I tripple checked the file location and no file was exported to the specified folder. Could it be a bug with plazmic app?

Worked fine with mine. Maybe try downloading and installing it again. Maybe it did not install correctly.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ok, I reinstalled plazmic and it exports fine now. I am running on OS 4.0, downloaded my new theme made from plazmic 4.1 (their website says it's compatible with OS 4.0) through DM. The theme is showing up in "Applications" but not in "Themes". I have installed the theme viewer as well. Any ideas?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by shiirrley
    ok, I reinstalled plazmic and it exports fine now. I am running on OS 4.0, downloaded my new theme made from plazmic 4.1 (their website says it's compatible with OS 4.0) through DM. The theme is showing up in "Applications" but not in "Themes". I have installed the theme viewer as well. Any ideas?
    Sounds like the problem I am having but I am using 4.1. I have tried to load themes both OTA and thru DM. The two themes that I dl'ed from the blackberry site actually worked (unless they by chance were included in the 4.1 download, in which case they already would have been there), but now whenever I try to load one, it doesn't appear. I tried to download macberry OTA, and it obviously said "already exists, replace" and I chose yes. When it got done it said it needed to reboot, so do it now or later. I chose now, it rebooted, came back up, and still isn't there.

I now have macberry and gunmetal and plazmic reader in my applications, but no themes that I am downloading are working. (oh, and yes I have tried taking the battery out of the back and its still doing the same thing). Any ideas anyone? I like the theme I have now, I just want to be able to have some different ones on there that I might like more.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

N8DBB: This is what I would try. If they are showing up in the DM (where it lists all of the applications on your BB when adding or removing software), I would check/uncheck (whichever it is) to have them uninstalled and then after it is done doing that, I would go back and load them again through DM. Ultimately you may just be running into a problem that is specific to the software your carrier has installed from RIM and the version of 4.1 you are running. I still have the Hong Kong CSL, but you might want to try the Cable and Wireless version instead. Ultimately you are dealing with a VAST number of variables and playing around with it may be the only way to solve it. If all else fails, I would backup, wipe, and reinstall everything from scratch.

Shiirley: I am at a loss almost as to what to tell you. I havent checked to verify and believe what you posted about how plazmic's site says it is compatable with 4.0, but personally I think that is a typo or something (on their site not in your post). In other words, as far as I know - ALL themes that require Plazmic reader also require 4.1. In other words, before I installed 4.1 - I installed the reader and a theme I had found out there called Steel. I could see it in my applications, both in fact. It didnt show up under themes however and I could never activate it untill I loaded 4.1 and low and behold - there it was. My advice to you is just that. Try out the CW version of 4.1 and then go from there!!!

Good luck to both - HAPPY THEMEING!!!
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

updated!

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: One stop for themes Themes!

Recent updates:
    Jedit Style 8700 Theme
    Gunmetal Variant 7200 Theme

See them both at my above listed site, or use this link:
    http://members.cox.net/ozrial

By the way, LOVE this new thread!!! There is no place like the Stack!!!
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Sweet post SK22BB!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Maybe this has been explained and I missed it. I have a Nextel 7520 with 4.1 OS. Other than the 2 official Plazmic themes from mobile.blackberry.com I can't find any other themes for the 7520. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast