Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

someone recently pointed out to me that recently someone found my Flip themes here and ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me

To fellow theme makers...

Advertisement

someone recently pointed out to me that recently someone found my Flip themes here and posted them on another site. as there own. be aware. i hope i can speak for others but we work hard on our themes for all to enjoy. For free as well. this is what we do here. we dont mind spreading the love. we just ask for our props for our work. saying on another site "hey, i found these great themes on this other site by this person" i personally have no problem with. but to take the zips, and post them as if its there own is repugnant, an insult to our work, and overall f-ed up.
    I hope i dont offend anyone but right now im a little upset.
    but not too upset to post another theme for my felow Pinstackers!!
    Thanks to the individual who notified me. Any help you need here, I got you!

thnks for reading, i just needed to rant.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    This situation has been resolved. The PinStack Staff has contacted the site where the files were posted without credit to the author and they have been removed. If you find your themes that have been posted on PinStack have been scarfed up and posted elsewhere without authorization please contact one of the moderators so that we can attempt to resolve the problem.

Rcbjr.
    Staff Moderator
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask me
    thanks to you guys! as always the mods here are the greatest cause you get things done and have things done right!
    Resistance Is Futile

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That's truly horrible. I don't post my themes as zip anymore for that same reason and I try to do so when someone requests them because they may say I don't have a data plan but you don't truly know what their intentions might be.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to say I'm quite shocked that someone would stoop so low. Glad to hear the situation was resolved though. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your themes for all of us Stackers!!

ianubis11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had the software to do then for sometime I just got brave and tried a few. I agree they aren't that easy.I wanted some place to post them to give a little back for the great themes I've dowoaded for my Berrys,but I don't want someone to take credit for my work.Ithink I'll try to post them here.Thanks to all of you for your hard work.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I was bored the other day and did a search on YouTube for Blackberry themes. I found 7 web sites that had stolen my themes I have posted here and 4 of them even posted a video tudor on how to download and install the theme to a phone. I had to laugh at one of them b/c they even showed the theme name being installed with the desktop manager. Funny part is, that is when I used to name all my themes with my initials first. SRLxxx.alx.

It's irritating and I think it really helps to only post OTA download links when possible.

I guess in an off-the-wall kind of way you can take it as a twisted-compliment.... the theives obviously think your themes are amazing if they want to take credit for them themselves. Doesn't make it right by any stretch of the imagination, but at least you know you're pumping out class-A stuff!! I sincerely hope this crap stops... I'd hate to see all the talented theme-makers suddenly stop making themes because they're afraid that they'll be ripped-off.

Keep up all the awesome work guys n' gals! Your effort is appreciated more than you know! (especially by those, like me, who have noooo talent whatsoever and rely on your abilities to make our BB's look HOT!)

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have to agree that it is a huge insult to theme builders to have their work stolen and posted else where with no credit give to the author. Sorry that this has happened to you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I was bored the other day and did a search on YouTube for Blackberry themes. I found 7 web sites that had stolen my themes I have posted here and 4 of them even posted a video tudor on how to download and install the theme to a phone. I had to laugh at one of them b/c they even showed the theme name being installed with the desktop manager. Funny part is, that is when I used to name all my themes with my initials first. SRLxxx.alx.

It's irritating and I think it really helps to only post OTA download links when possible.
    i learned from the best

i no longer offer zip through the forums (by email only) and i tag both the theme name and the lock screen of every single theme.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    I'd have to agree! That's pretty rude! It's nice enough that the themes are free! Thanks for the tip. Even though I can't imagine anyone stealing my themes there are some awesome themers here, and if some one can't do their own work, I know first hand there are some great teachers right here on the stacks.

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    9of13 sometimes you have to look at it this way... Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but I do understand that it's not a great feeling not receiving credit for your hard work. Keep up the great work!

I've given props to the admins here before and they continue to go all out for their community, so to you all!
    New Yorker in me will never die...

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.5.0.77

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i learned from the best

i no longer offer zip through the forums (by email only) and i tag both the theme name and the lock screen of every single theme.
    Perhaps you should post a "tip" thread advising other theme makers to do something along the same lines as you? If everyone added a unique "signature" to their themes then no one could steal them and claim as their own. I wouldn't mind seeing a tag on the themes I download. It wouldn't bother me in the least, and I'd always know who made it so I could look for more by the same creator Just my two-cents.

I've browsed other BB forums and I've seen themes that I've also seen here, but I just assumed that the creators posted on other forums too (which is likely a possibility). I don't know the authors well enough yet to make sure the user id's are the same.

Those who stoop to stealing themes are simply pathetic as far as I'm concerned.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is not the first time this has happened, as srl said. Just 2 months ago (I believe), another stacker had his themes posted on an external site without his permission. That site was contacted and had them removed.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    im honestly not surprised at the show of support from everyone here.
    im not bitter about what happend. it can be kind of a compliment. but when i continued reading the posts on the other site and everyone was trying to figure out how to alter them and not just try to contact me to make changes was slightly insulting. i like feedback and critisism, but the person who posted my themes was trying to give tips on it.

thanks to all the mods here for their help, support and running a kick a$$ site.
    thanks to all the stackers here who help continue to keep this site kick a$$.

now im so inspired to make a "pinstack is the greatest" theme!!
    we are stackers
    resistence is futile! lol

9of13
    Resistance Is Futile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast