Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by AZsteelman Ok, I made my first theme today, and installed it on ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman
    Ok, I made my first theme today, and installed it on my 8800...I've followed the instructions listed here, but it's still not showing in Themes...I removed and reloaded, pulled the battery, done darn near everything I can think of...still not there. Any more ideas? When I tried to change the permissions, it would not let me change them all to Allow, just 2 of them.

Be sure you exported the theme for the correct version of o.s your 8800 is using. More than likely it should be 4.2.1 NOT 4.2.2.

AZsteelman no está en línea Stack level 1

Well it's official! I'm an idiot...srl7741, you were correct...I had accidentally left it at it's defaul of 4.2.2...once I changed it to 4.2.1 it worked fine! Thanks!

msmac2006 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7230 and T-mobile...
    The newest version of the OS is 4.0, does that mean I can't use themes??

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi msmac2006, you are correct, your BB will need to have 4.1 OS to have custom themes.

msmac2006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Do you know if it would work with a similar model's OS?

qrocker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240D881E

What do I do if I made a mistake and didn't read the IMPORTANT part of your post and deleted the other stuff???

bdewees no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi...this is an awsome (and very helpful forum). I'm a BB Pearl newbie. I recently downloaded the iBerry theme, loaded it successfully....yada, yada, yada. Several days later see some other themes that look cool...downloaded and installed them. Uh, oh...not only did my new themes not show, but my iBerry theme had mysteriously disappeared as well. Retracing my steps, I see that I had installed a Plazmic Theme reader (didn't know what it was...I think it was with one of the themes I downloaded). After reading the previous posts, I'm guessing it was an older version than the one that came preinstalled on my bb pearl. I deleted the Plazmic Reader...still no themes. I just now looked in the Options/advanced options/applications and guess what?....you guessed it...no Plazmic reader of any sort (new, old, or otherwise).

How can I find the newest version of Plazmic Reader and install on my phone?

Thanks a bunch!

calipeach415 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B0280C

Im having problems seeing my the themes even after I put it to allow. I reboted my blackberry and it still wont show in themes. please help

Greg64 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a balckberry pearl 8100 and every time i try to load 4.1 onto my phone so i can get themes the laoding progress it says the data area passed to a system call is to small. I have no idea what to do or how to load it now. please help.

I have an 8100 pearl and have done everything in the tutorial, but my themes are still not appearing. I have changed all three settings to allow on the themes, I have OS version 4.2, I downloaded a plazmic theme reader and installed it as well (maybe it was not the right theme reader?) and did a hard reset, but I still don't see them. Can someone offer some help, please? I wasnt able to download 4.1 but i already have v4.2.0.64 so i dont know if it matters but everytime i try it says the data area passed to a system call is to small. I cant get any themes someone please help me.:cry:

oh ok thank u soooo much. But still i cant get them there. i dont know what im doin wrong. do i need any plasmic theme reader on it at all then?

Kaye no está en línea Stack level 1

I loaded a theme on my BB 8700 but my phone is not turning back on....HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenInSTL
    Greg:

go to this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html

Download the newer OS 4.2.1.101, install, delete the Vendor XML from your pc, attach your BB to the PC via the USB, run Desktop Manager..and your DM should see that a Newer OS is ready to be installed.

Remember to BACKUP your data before you install.

Once you have the .101 on your BB, you should not have any theme issues. Please do not install a themereader....this will make reading themes impossible.

Steve
    i chose one of the downloading things but i dont know how to back up my data or find the vendor xml plus i thought u said i dont need one of those.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try this, How to: back up and restore Blackberry data
    And the vendor.xml file is in C://program files/common files/Research in Motion/apps loader folder.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kaye no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone help me in getting my BB 8700 to work? I downloaded a theme and now my BB is not turning on..........HELP!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast